Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.09.04, 05:36 AM   #411
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default moved from "Killer Tune thread"

Just heard all 3 songs on YouTube, I definitely prefer this single over OSCA. I'm loving BB Queen, and digging Karada as well, though not as much. I can imagine TJ playing Karada in live gigs to replace some of their mandatory Engrish songs like Lady is a tramp or genjitsu.
Old 2007.09.04, 09:09 AM   #412
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I dunno if Karada'd be a good song to be played live on stage... it's VERY hard to sing like that, when you're performing in front of a lot of people...

I hope, they'll do BBQueen though... that one longs for rocking on stage like hell...
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.06, 12:52 PM   #413
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't think karada will be too good live because it's just waaaay too slow. Not that you can't have slow songs live but I don't think it will make anyone scream. I think it would fit better if there were more songs like it, or similar pace.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.06, 12:57 PM   #414
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
The problem I have with Killer Tune is that I class Shiina/Jihen as one of my favourite artists, and when one of my favourite artists releases a brand new single I expect to be blown away. That is why I class my favourite artists as my favourite artists, because I think they can deliver more than a standard band. Any other artist, and I can be happy with a song thinking 'I like this' and that it's 'nice', but describing one of my favourite artists singles with the world 'like' = underwhelming disappointment. With that in mind, I like Killer Tune.
See what I did there!
Old 2007.09.08, 06:37 AM   #415
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

After closer inspection to the title track, I find Killer Tune to be a much better song than OSCA. While I never flat-out bomb this track, I never said anything all that good either. It's a good song that will go to my play list. What I liked about the song:

- The guitar. Yeah, you read that right. Ukigumo kicks the song's ass during the chorus. His mini-solo is out of place though.
- Kameda Sage. Even though his parts are starting to get repetitive in songs, he's still the best musician in the band.
Old 2007.09.08, 07:51 AM   #416
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
After closer inspection to the title track, I find Killer Tune to be a much better song than OSCA. While I never flat-out bomb this track, I never said anything all that good either. It's a good song that will go to my play list. What I liked about the song:

- The guitar. Yeah, you read that right. Ukigumo kicks the song's ass during the chorus. His mini-solo is out of place though.
- Kameda Sage. Even though his parts are starting to get repetitive in songs, he's still the best musician in the band.
Yeah, I like this song more than OSCA also. As for Uki's mini-solo, I really like it so I find it hard to say that it's out of place, but I the first time I heard it I did feel that way. But, then again, the whole song seemed kinda weird the first time I heard it.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.09, 10:44 AM   #417
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

I think the mini-solo is a bit out of place too, but the guitar from 2:00 to 2:15 makes up for it.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.09, 06:22 PM   #418
shaLSE

shaLSE pleased at least somebody

The start of BBQueen kinda sounds lik OSCA modified. @@
shaLSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.13, 11:04 AM   #419
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Bleh
I want to say the same that I already said
from my post on osca thread:
hey hey
I saw my post on that HF dvd-a thread and it remind me of post here to say: isn't time to move this thread to the product rew. and inf. forum???

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.13, 10:47 PM   #420
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ Love that sig Lena-chan!! peoples been getting some pretty cool sig lately. except you Hedo, I totally dig the SR pics you had before, and you trade them in for... Gackt?

I prefer the CCTV rendition of Killer Tune, with out the mini solo, which is really outta place, something mellow with a little less note would have do, Uki...