Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.30, 03:47 AM   #421
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Shiina (S) x Izawa (M) ??

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2010.01.30, 03:58 AM   #422
obama917

obama917 has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by clakaz View Post
Ryuukou was arranged, not written by HZM, as far as I remember.
Thank you for your correction. Ringo just said HZM 'did' Ryuukou, and I got confused.
Old 2010.01.30, 04:24 AM   #423
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ah, obama, you made my day (=P). Many, many thanks.

The magazine describes #2 track Denpa Tsuushin as a 'shocking' electro-rock tune. This song seems Izawa's because in the interview Ringo says, 'one of Izawa's songs... maybe it was Denpa Tsuushin'. At one point in the recording of this song, their play got too extreme and Kameda said, 'I'm scared!' That take was dropped eventually.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Wasn't Kameda the main arranger for damn SHOUSO STRIP?

Originally Posted by obama917 View Post
The most interesting part of the interview to me is where Izawa says Ringo's release of SG made him nervous. He thought TJ would lose its raison d'etre if the next album failed despite featuring Ringo's vocal and lyrics similarly. When he goes on to express his concern about the Phase 1/Phase 2 comparison going around, Ringo asks, 'is that because #1 track of SG (Ryuukou) was written by HZM?' Apparently she knew working with HZM for SG would put pressure on Izawa and did so deliberately.
Thank you, Izawa, for being concerned about the Phase 1/Phase 2 comparison! At least someone in your band is.

Yahiko: Put "S" "and" "M" together =P

And the album is 'aggressive' and not sounding like Variety despite having a similar set-up? Hype for the album +1

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.01.30 at 04:32 AM.
Old 2010.01.30, 12:37 PM   #424
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Wasn't Kameda the main arranger for damn SHOUSO STRIP?

Thank you, Izawa, for being concerned about the Phase 1/Phase 2 comparison! At least someone in your band is.
"I've got blisters on mah fingers!!"

That had to have been the best take of Denpa Tsuushin, and its getting cut? sad sad face to that.

so working with HZM put Izawa in rage mode and then he makes a song like Gaman. Nice tactic, Shiina Ringo! I like all this talk of the album being the most aggressive one yet for them.
Old 2010.01.30, 01:36 PM   #425
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

in kameda's defense, his fingers are already really messed up most likely, it was reported straight after shows end he usually goes straight back stage and ices his hands down. but still, that is hilarious regardless.

the way people have been talking about this album makes me think of Kyouiku mixed with Variety. Aggressive is promising, but I don't want more BB Queens (which was aggressive, but really messy). Then again, we have 3min and Kachiikusa off the actual album so far, neither of which is particularly aggressive. I guess time will tell.
Old 2010.01.30, 01:46 PM   #426
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Aggressive is promising, but I don't want more BB Queens (which was aggressive, but really messy).
I would love an album of B.B. Queens. That's my image of "Kyouiku mixed with Variety".
Old 2010.01.30, 11:42 PM   #427
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

This album is already better than Variety and SG. It already seems to be carefully arranged (main complaint with variety) and there was obviously a lot of thought put into this album (main complaint with SG). It seems to be the first real band release where jihen is not just a platform for Ringo (Variety just kind of seemed like a 5 musician compilation album, they didnt seem much like a band at all.)

Did she really choose to work with HZM just to start drama? That is amazing. I guess it really worked! That in itself makes me excited for this album. I'm done hoping for another KZK, but an album that could compare to kyouiku or adult would be wonderful.

I'm feeling a kyouiku meets variety too but in a good way....like the songwriting of kyouiku and the style of variety/ryuukou/nu-marunouchi

Cool.
Old 2010.01.31, 01:29 AM   #428
obama917

obama917 has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
Did she really choose to work with HZM just to start drama?
Ringo didn't say so, and I am sure music was the main reason for choosing HZM. But at least she anticipated Izawa's reaction and thought that would be good for TJ.
Old 2010.02.04, 03:35 PM   #429
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

KACHI IKUSA has a PV!

It was just announced by Space Shower TV! It has no date to go on air yet, but the information about its director is out.. and guess what... YES! Kodama Yuiichi did it.

Source

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2010.02.04, 03:38 PM   #430
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I hope the PV will be good enough to make it up for the song...
Closed Thread