Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.02.26, 02:44 PM   #4341
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I love making mixes for my friends. :B
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.26, 03:03 PM   #4342
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Yeah, and I don't want to be the only person I know irl who *loves* Shiina Ringo (I have Japanese friends who like Gips and Koko de Kiss Shite).

CLT - (since my friend was discussing her today) - Minnie Riperton, Inside My Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvhwIYP6as

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.02.26 at 03:07 PM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.26, 03:14 PM   #4343
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I've yet to find a friend who enjoys my taste in music (Hedo is getting there). I love making mixtapes but I have no one to share them with...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.26, 03:27 PM   #4344
so_cold

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
I've yet to find a friend who enjoys my taste in music (Hedo is getting there). I love making mixtapes but I have no one to share them with...
Well, you have the lady from Asobi Seksu in your sig, no? So we both like that band. Actually the mixtape is for my own birthday party, when I've got a captive audience. If that doesn't work, my best hope I have of getting someone I know into SR is a friend who named her kids alliteratively and is proud of her palindromic name. She sounded interested in my lending her KSK.

CLT - more dream pop (Lush), my favourite band when I was in school (I'm waaay older now!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvhwIYP6as

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.02.26 at 03:48 PM. Reason: To add the bit about KSK, then to HTH.
Old 2009.02.26, 03:48 PM   #4345
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

We share quite similar taste. I pretty much listen to anything though, so it's rare I'll find someone I totally clash with unless they listen to manufactured tripe. Or strictly classical/opera. Or country.
Old 2009.02.26, 03:56 PM   #4346
cjhobbies00

Ohh no, I know we're on the same musical wavelength, I just named Hedo only because we Msn often and have exchanged tapes before.
I don't mind country, but only good country...not that racist American-supremist garbage.

(And keep this on the down-low, but I think you have better taste than him. He's likes Variety you know...and he thinks Hush is great.)

Edit - happy early B-day So Cold, it's nice having another Asobi Seksu fan in here.
Don't get too invested into thinking you can make people like SR. I tried that all the time in the past with my friends and it never worked. Hopefully you have friends with better taste than I do.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2009.02.26, 04:23 PM   #4347
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

My friends are too American to like Shiina, so I don't try to convert them or anything. Actually, I consider myself superior to all of my friends and their taste in music, but I don't tell them that.

CLT: Madonna - Sorry

Happy (early) birthday SO COLD. Nice name.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.26, 04:46 PM   #4348
so_cold

Thanks cjhobbies00 and bromithia. I'll be... well, I'm the same age as SR, which may be part of the reason why I like the autobiographical stuff she has in her work.

I wanted to call myself 喪@CエNコ瑠ヲュWァ after the first time I listened to Watashi to Houden. I thought wow, SR's getting heavy the last couple of tracks (cool!) looked down at my iPod and saw that. I thought somebody had dropped something in my tea or something (I can speak a little Japanese). But it would get old and annoying for people without Japanese language browsing, and so_cold's a better name .
Old 2009.02.26, 04:50 PM   #4349
cjhobbies00

CLT - BSS - Anthems for a Seventeen-year Old Girl.

Old 2009.02.26, 06:15 PM   #4350
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

(And keep this on the down-low, but I think you have better taste than him. He's likes Variety you know...and he thinks Hush is great.)
*GASP* how could you?!?!?

Hush has a great, heavenly feel. It's like i'm a space oddity when I'm listening to it, hoping from planet to planet in a very relaxing way. The reason I said it was heavenly before was not as synonym for "great" but heavenly as in calming and very soothing experience. I don't know if it's true, but it gave me that feel throughout much more than the other albums because I think it had less heavy or noisier parts. Not that I don't like those rock-outs from the band, I still do prefer Citrus as you do, but it feels nice when I listen to Hush because of that.

Variety doesn't make me feel nice, it feels messy, hectic, which is why I don't listen to it often but I can't say I don't enjoy it when I do listen to it. I think I said this before, I really like certain sounds from a band that I can enjoy even in sub-par songs which is why I like Variety. I love Ringo's voice, and I love all the guy's styles. I agree with Maou in that Hata didn't have many memorable parts in Variety but I really like all the other guy's bits.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote