Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.07.11, 07:05 AM   #431
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Default moved from "The OSCA Thread"

Tokyo Jihad's first impressions of Death.

1) OSCA: Its actually better to not have the song accompanied with Shiina's lame "i dont want to be here" look in the video. Still not anything to grab a new pair of underwear over.

2) Pinocchio: Now heres something promising. First time since Superstar? =P This is what Shiina Ringo used to sound like, those of us new or just have forgotten since its been so long. You see how the music is actually flowing along in song with Shiina's voice for a change? Rather than just sputtering while Shiina cackles some words. But is this new or is it an Appa cover or what? =p

3)Kaban no Nakami: Sounds like an introsong to a 70's sitcom, and Uki is a lil more forgivable here, even if hes using a slide. And hey for a change were not resting the song on Kameda! Yay! I know it sounds similar to something on my mp3 player, New Radicals maybe? maybe not, but somethig. Its alright-good.

So, B-side > A-side Izawa>Uki ph43r
Old 2007.07.11, 07:06 AM   #432
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Finally heard the single once through.

First impressions: the single as a whole is fine, but a little unsatisfying, just cause I'm so used to Shiina complete direction over the music. But the single does increase my anticipation for the second single and the album. 13 songs with only two singles??? That sounds amazing but lets just hope Shiina is responsible for 11 of those songs.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:12 AM   #433
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post

First impressions: the single as a whole is fine, but a little unsatisfying, just cause I'm so used to Shiina complete direction over the music. But the single does increase my anticipation for the second single and the album. 13 songs with only two singles??? That sounds amazing but lets just hope Shiina is responsible for 11 of those songs.
CDjapan:

"Third full-length album from Tokyo Jihen, this time featurign a little something new. All compositions carefully selected from the vast number of demos created by the band, and all lyrics written by Ringo Shiina herself. Includes 13 songs total (subject to change) with seven tracks from Ukigumo, five tracks from Izawa, and one composed by Kameda."
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:14 AM   #434
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ahahhaa well according to cdjapan, which is as of yet unconfirmed, the new album is 7 songs by Uki, 5 by Izawa, and 1 by Kameda, with all the lyrics by Ringo (put apparently none of the music). They were wrong about the credits on OSCA so I am taking that with a fairly large grain of salt.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:16 AM   #435
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Includes 13 songs total (subject to change) with seven tracks from Ukigumo, five tracks from Izawa, and one composed by Kameda.
I hope this is rumor,
or it raises the biggest WTF to me.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:30 AM   #436
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Hey, can someone write up the lyrics of the three songs? Thanks a lot ^^.

Oh... 7 tracks from Ukigumo?!
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:31 AM   #437
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
CDjapan:

"Third full-length album from Tokyo Jihen, this time featurign a little something new. All compositions carefully selected from the vast number of demos created by the band, and all lyrics written by Ringo Shiina herself. Includes 13 songs total (subject to change) with seven tracks from Ukigumo, five tracks from Izawa, and one composed by Kameda."
NOOOOOO! WhY???

I don't really doubt the truth of these credits, It fits with the direction of the singles...BUT WHY??? I was searching for the preorder for variety on yesasia but after hearing this news i'm not so sure anymore...the second single better kick ass.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:42 AM   #438
HEDOfloe

I wanted the band to be more involved in the music writing but I didn't want it to be the band just writing the songs instead of mostly Ringo. I liked OSCA, I have not heard the rest of the songs on the single though so I'm not so sure about what to expect from Izawa, but if uki writes more songs like OSCA then I'm fine with that . If anything, I hope that she is working on a solo album as well.
Old 2007.07.11, 07:42 AM   #439
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Haha, sorry dude. According to cdJapan, 7 tracks are by Ukigumo, 5 by Izawa, and one song by Kameda!

Edit: I was just kidding about that part, but is this something that we should preorder now? Are there plans for them to release a special edition cd?

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2007.07.11 at 07:46 AM.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.11, 07:46 AM   #440
HEDOfloe

Damn, rubbing it in his face aren't we?