Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.12.23, 10:36 AM   #431
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Today one guy in my usual consolewars forum tried to convince me, that the Elite sucks and everyone who doesn't buy a PS3 instead is a dork.
The extra accessories are worthless for him and the additional 100GB are a waste, because you can't put your own MP3s on the HDD.
haha.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.23, 11:09 AM   #432
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

What do you mean you can't put your own mp3s on it? Like, actual mp3s from your pc? Because you can obviously rip cds to the console.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.23, 12:05 PM   #433
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

As a media console the only advantage of the PS3 is the Blu-Ray drive. Network playing and file ripping 360 is top at present, in my opinion. Especially with the latest avi/xvid/divx compatibility update.

The 120gb Elite hard drive also comes in handy when you bring in the fact that the 360 currently has the largest online HD movie download database in existence.

However, I currently have no need for the space as I store all my multimedia on my PC and stream them through the 360 onto my TV so I've sold my 120gb HDD and am sticking with the 20gb.

Maybe I'd get the PS3 for what it is build for; games -- if it had more than 2 that I was interested in (released at present). Christmas 2008 will be the time to get a PS3, when it's hopefully cheaper and has a larger catalogue (GT5, MGS4, LBP).
Old 2007.12.23, 12:43 PM   #434
HEDOfloe

Speaking of streaming, somehow the 360 linked up to my pc without me doing anything and I can now stream my music from my pc. So the xbox is in the basement, there is a computer in the first floor with the modem and router, and my pc is in the second floor recieving its internet signal from the pc in the first floor. How did this happen? Was it from hooking up my zune to it and it saved my settings? Either way it's pretty awesome. Its too bad the 360 can't play any of my lossless music which is most of my favorite stuff >_<
Old 2007.12.23, 01:54 PM   #435
golem09

what the?

I tried to enter my 48h gold key from lost planet, but when I'm finished, it tells me that a connection with Xbox Live is not possible and it gives me the error code 80153004. This code usually means that you can't do something, because you're not a gold member. But why would I use this card if I already was a gold member?

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.12.23, 02:26 PM   #436
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Hedo, if the 360 is connected to the network (Both PC and 360 to same router) you don't have to do a thing. They'll automatically sync. You should be able to stream your movie files too (WMV, AVI, XVid and DixX) by going to the media blade, then videos, then 'Press X to choose other device' then choose your computer. You may have to set your computer to share your media with your 360 by opening Windows Media Player 11 and clicking the arrow below 'Library' then click 'Media Sharing' and click to allow the 360, though I imagine if it's streaming your MP3's this is already done.

As for your error, golem, I can't really offer any help as I've never experienced it before. However, if memory serves me right your 360 is less than one month old. When you sign up for a silver account, the first month is gold for free. So maybe you can't redeem the 48 hours of gold because it already is a gold account and you just hadn't realised.

Edit: I've also just been told that the 48 hour trials are for those that haven't experienced gold before, so if you've used the account as a gold account at any point already, it won't let you use a free trial again. I don't know how true that is though.
Old 2007.12.23, 03:11 PM   #437
golem09

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
As for your error, golem, I can't really offer any help as I've never experienced it before. However, if memory serves me right your 360 is less than one month old. When you sign up for a silver account, the first month is gold for free. So maybe you can't redeem the 48 hours of gold because it already is a gold account and you just hadn't realised.

Edit: I've also just been told that the 48 hour trials are for those that haven't experienced gold before, so if you've used the account as a gold account at any point already, it won't let you use a free trial again. I don't know how true that is though.
I haven't used my free month of gold yet, so I'm still silver. But I've read from a lot of people that codes doesn't seem to work since the fall update...

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.12.23, 03:58 PM   #438
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I haven't read anything other than what was written on this page, so maybe it's been discussed, but I heard the price of the PS3 is going to be dropped because of a decrease in the size of harddrive space. If so, niceee. Maybe I'll get one in two or three years.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.23, 04:40 PM   #439
Inaudible-Whisper

That already happened. They dropped the HDD to 40gb, took out backwards compatibility and some memory card slots and slashed the price. This is the model they're going forward with. The 60/80gb models are gone once stocks have gone.
Old 2007.12.23, 05:36 PM   #440
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Hedo, if the 360 is connected to the network (Both PC and 360 to same router) you don't have to do a thing. They'll automatically sync. You should be able to stream your movie files too (WMV, AVI, XVid and DixX) by going to the media blade, then videos, then 'Press X to choose other device' then choose your computer. You may have to set your computer to share your media with your 360 by opening Windows Media Player 11 and clicking the arrow below 'Library' then click 'Media Sharing' and click to allow the 360, though I imagine if it's streaming your MP3's this is already done.
Ohh thanks for the info! I was having trouble watching the videos and pictures from my pc, and it turns out its because I only had the Zune software to share music with the 360.