Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.12.09, 10:58 PM   #431
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I won't watch that movie, since Fahrenheit disappointed me so much...

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.12.09, 11:03 PM   #432
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
I have yet to see it, but I heard he was really exaggerating things when he idealized other health care in other countries. Sometimes when I come across people's accounts on dealing with the US system and insurance problems, I can't see how having to deal with all that helps a person's health at all.. I mean, if you're sick, you shouldn't have to worry about the cost of it all. Of course, this is coming from someone who's only known a universal health care system...
to elaborate on your point, it isn't perfect in our canadian health care system. Everything is so backed up. I was in the emergency room the other day with my father and he was screaming in pain (appendicitus) for 3 hours before we could get a doctor to see him and give him some morphine. Some people were in the ER for 8 hours before they got looked at.

But its still way better than the U.S. I don't ever have to worry about going broke if I ever got cancer or something.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2007.12.10, 05:49 PM   #433
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
I have yet to see it, but I heard he was really exaggerating things when he idealized other health care in other countries. Sometimes when I come across people's accounts on dealing with the US system and insurance problems, I can't see how having to deal with all that helps a person's health at all.. I mean, if you're sick, you shouldn't have to worry about the cost of it all. Of course, this is coming from someone who's only known a universal health care system...
its a documentary, so it presents a point of view, it is biased, but you really can't idealize it too much, I mean you look at France and then you look at America....it is what it is and we are in a really f**ked up situation because of it. Not everyone is dying on the streets like he makes it seem, but that isn't the main focus...

the American media is ridiculous and of course people would say that about this movie. Just like what they say about Golden Compass. And any other countless movies they don't want us to see because they have themes that might seem subversive or something...

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.12.10 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 2007.12.10, 11:11 PM   #434
kuro_neko

ugh, YUKI needs a new direction that understands that 1)random white people doesn't equal artsy 2) neither does rewinding footage

and they also need some better green screening and to STOP STEALING FROM RINGO-HIME

I saw this and was immediately like ummm SIGMA PV MUCH?

YUKI-wonderline
Old 2007.12.11, 03:11 AM   #435
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I saw the battlestar season 2 finale recently. I think it sucked. Moving to the planet was the worst that could happen in my opinion, because it changes the whole atmosphere and I don't like that. In addition to that my favourite char, Dr. Baltar became a real stupid, weak asshole which I never expected of him.
Everything turned out worse than I could imagine.

Now we watch Prison break on our holy Wednesday.
I think this is the most suspenseful TV show I've ever seen. As of episode 3 it takes about 1 minute for every episode to become ultmately thrilling.
We're at episode 6 now and I hope this goes on like this.
I quite liked the change of atmosphere, and It gets better from the start of season 3
Old 2007.12.11, 04:40 AM   #436
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yes, I liked the season 2 ending also. I thought it was quite shocking; a good jump the shark moment. And it's not as if it has to dictate the entire direction of season 3. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how Season 3 pans out, even if it is the weakest (But still brilliant) season for me.

As for Prison Break, yes it is quite tense and thrilling. You have to blind yourself from how far fetched the whole thing is, but it's a TV show so it doesn't bother me. You don't go into Prison Break expecting a realistic drama on the relations of a typical American prison.
Old 2007.12.11, 12:45 PM   #437
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
ugh, YUKI needs a new direction that understands that 1)random white people doesn't equal artsy 2) neither does rewinding footage

and they also need some better green screening and to STOP STEALING FROM RINGO-HIME

I saw this and was immediately like ummm SIGMA PV MUCH?
I will not comment on either the artsy-ness of the video, or the pv plagiarism, but I do like YUKI. I think she can sing well also she is very good looking for her age, what is she 45 now (joking joking)? But for a yuki pv to work for me, all she needs is to wear heels, a pretty dress, and move sexily, lol. This video was almost a win... but there was no sexy moving.
Old 2007.12.11, 01:18 PM   #438
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Oh my gosh, I just saw The golden compass. What a bad movie.
Imagine The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the king in a less than two hour version. It felt like a machine made the script for this.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.12.11, 02:04 PM   #439
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
Oh my gosh, I just saw The golden compass. What a bad movie.
Imagine The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the king in a less than two hour version. It felt like a machine made the script for this.
I disagree

I didn't think it was a bad movie at all. Have you seen anything else recently? The movie itself had better acting than ANY of the other kid fantasy movies and the plot itself was pretty tight, minus the horribly fast pacing.

if you read the book I think you would find it was a smashing, if slightly a bit soulless, adaptation.
Old 2007.12.11, 02:06 PM   #440
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
I will not comment on either the artsy-ness of the video, or the pv plagiarism, but I do like YUKI. I think she can sing well also she is very good looking for her age, what is she 45 now (joking joking)? But for a yuki pv to work for me, all she needs is to wear heels, a pretty dress, and move sexily, lol. This video was almost a win... but there was no sexy moving.
I'm a huge YUKI fan. I actually have been super excited to get Wonderline. But regardless, I don't like her recent moves as of late. Lately she has been seeming to care less and less about what she is doing and turning the control over to other people.
Closed Thread