Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.04.11, 02:28 PM   #471
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'd much rather a diverse genre-breaking album (In the style of Sanmon Gossip and albums with Jihen) then one that is very experimental but the songs kind of blend together anyways like on SS and KZK.
baruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.11, 02:34 PM   #472
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm gone for a year and it's still New Ringo vs. Old Ringo.

I held the faintest hope that I would come back and find a new album that was SS 2nd coming. Oh well...back to TPBPH.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.11, 04:34 PM   #473
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Your expectations ruin you.

Shiina does not have one bad album. But people have RIDICULOUS expectations for her so every time she releases something they treat it like it is the shittiest thing EVAR and throw a hissy fit.

Have no expectations, and you will be amazed out how good her catalog is. Have expectations and whine about everything and anything
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.11, 04:52 PM   #474
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Muhahah, a year ago I would've ranted on and on about Variety and I would have had a 5 page back and forth pissing contest with you...maturity

Being a fan doesn't mean that you shouldn't have expectations. I expected her to continue to put out good albums. It didn't happen but I'm not resentful, just disappointed.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.12, 03:45 AM   #475
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

...but... Variety was a great album.

And Sports even better!
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.12, 06:30 AM   #476
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Listen, I had not listened to Variety until AFTER I started lurking on this forum.
I kept on reading about how everyone treated Variety like it was the single worst album EVAR, and so my expectations were really low.

Yet, I ended up liking it a lot. Sure, it was a pop album, not a rock album, but the songs were really good. It had rock, jazz, and funky influences. I liked Izawa's Killer Tune, Kingyo no Hako, and Kronekodow, and Uki's Ramp, Mirrorball, OSCA, Boutoumin, and Fukushu.

Everyone's expectations of the album, as disillusioned Shiina fans, thought "Well, Shiina isn't writing it, so it must be shit". But Uki and Izawa are just as much musicians as Shiina is, and they are both talented songwriters.

(Double posted in Variety thread for good measure)
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.12, 07:22 AM   #477
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Listen, I had not listened to Variety until AFTER I started lurking on this forum.
I kept on reading about how everyone treated Variety like it was the single worst album EVAR, and so my expectations were really low.

Yet, I ended up liking it a lot. Sure, it was a pop album, not a rock album, but the songs were really good. It had rock, jazz, and funky influences. I liked Izawa's Killer Tune, Kingyo no Hako, and Kronekodow, and Uki's Ramp, Mirrorball, OSCA, Boutoumin, and Fukushu.

Everyone's expectations of the album, as disillusioned Shiina fans, thought "Well, Shiina isn't writing it, so it must be shit". But Uki and Izawa are just as much musicians as Shiina is, and they are both talented songwriters.

(Double posted in Variety thread for good measure)
I also like Variety a lot. A LOT.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.13, 03:41 AM   #478
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Just to comment on the stuff in the prev pages...

I was at JCHI and it was a fantastic concert. The DVD however, is quite idiotic.

And. I still cannot believe that people like Variety. To me it's so bland... with the exceptions of Kingyo no Hako and Metro.

And. I'm not a hater. Just an ex-lover. Who's moved on to better lovers, btw.
Old 2011.04.13, 06:32 AM   #479
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Just to comment on the stuff in the prev pages...

I was at JCHI and it was a fantastic concert. The DVD however, is quite idiotic.

And. I still cannot believe that people like Variety. To me it's so bland... with the exceptions of Kingyo no Hako and Metro.

And. I'm not a hater. Just an ex-lover. Who's moved on to better lovers, btw.
this is me. But with tori amos. Ringo hasn't released an Abnormally Attracted to Sin yet (sickly awful). Bjork better be careful too, volta wasn't exactly album of the year either.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.13, 08:21 AM   #480
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
this is me. But with tori amos. Ringo hasn't released an Abnormally Attracted to Sin yet (sickly awful). Bjork better be careful too, volta wasn't exactly album of the year either.
off topic but I feel the same with Tori, although I disagree with AATS. I'm a Venus and Choirgirl boy and AATS was like Choirgirl, Venus, and Scarlet had some random baby. But American Doll Posse was meh and I didn't dig Midwinter Graces too much either.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote