Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2008.05.10, 07:24 AM   #481
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

It was cool in Britain. We went to Narnia.
Old 2008.05.11, 06:05 AM   #482
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Is it disgusting how the Japanese try to cover up their crimes? Hell yeah, but Americans do it too. U.S. textbooks rarely expose the heinous aspects of conflicts like the Mexican war, or how about the fact that the Japanese was forced to take up a stance of imperialism after the U.S. appeared on the shores of japan with a navy and forced the government to sign an unjust treaty. If you connect the dots, Japan's policy of colonization during WWII can be directly attributed to American policy.
Perry's black ships did awaken isolationist Japan to the truth that steam-powered and coal-hungry navies were making the outside world inevitably intimate, and it was an unfriendly act. But to say that it was directly responsible for inherently arrogant, imperialist Japan's sadistic Pacific misadventures is perhaps a bit ridiculous. That dismisses a good thousand or so years of Eastern history.

What fascinates me it that the Japanese are so friendly to Americans. We killed 100,000 of them during one night's firebombing of Tokyo. Ouch.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2008.05.11 at 06:14 AM.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.19, 09:50 AM   #483
HIVERS

HIVERS pleased at least somebody
Red face

Hi! Im Florence,from montreal-quebec (canada). It's nice to meet you all!
I sing,compose and draw.

I've liked Shiina Ringo ever since i got into japanese music,even though i only knew her STEM video. Since i didn't knew anything about her i randomly downloaded a part of Seitsuki Heeling DVD.
The most i discovered about her,the more i liked her. I heard so much now,and i love so much now!

Im really difficult on music, Shiina Ringo makes 98% of my great music moments .. So, if you have any suggestions to me that reminds you of Ringo and that you think i'd might like,please feel free to propose me music! ;__;

My current favorite song is Shuukyou,and my very favorite song is Electric Mole's STEM *shivers*

Old 2008.05.19, 09:58 AM   #484
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

welcome, and we make recommendations all the time in the "Currently Listening To" thread. We have diverse tastes, but I'm sure you'll find something to like

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.19, 10:01 AM   #485
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
Perry's black ships did awaken isolationist Japan to the truth that steam-powered and coal-hungry navies were making the outside world inevitably intimate, and it was an unfriendly act. But to say that it was directly responsible for inherently arrogant, imperialist Japan's sadistic Pacific misadventures is perhaps a bit ridiculous. That dismisses a good thousand or so years of Eastern history.

What fascinates me it that the Japanese are so friendly to Americans. We killed 100,000 of them during one night's firebombing of Tokyo. Ouch.
To say that it led to the inherently arrogant imperialistic Japanese policies is not really a stretch, since they were imitating the Inherently arrongant imperialistic policies of Britain, U.S, etc...the same policies that gave Europeans the military might to bend the will of the Japanese government.

Japan embarked on a decades long mission to send men overseas to learn about European technology and purchase weapons, it is hard for me to imagine that the Japanese people would've believed that Europeans would have anything to offer them if it had not been for the American "invasion" of the Japanese ports.

Does not absolve the Japanese from their responsibility in the war crimes, just a reminder that America's crimes, and Britain's crimes for the matter, are no less heinous.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00

Last edited by cjhobbies00 : 2008.05.19 at 10:04 AM.
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.19, 10:08 AM   #486
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

First of all, welcome to EMF!

Originally Posted by HIVERS View Post
Im really difficult on music, Shiina Ringo makes 98% of my great music moments .. So, if you have any suggestions to me that reminds you of Ringo and that you think i'd might like,please feel free to propose me music! ;__;
You could head over to the Music forum... plenty of recommendations over there. I'm sure you'll find something you'd like.
Old 2008.05.19, 10:11 AM   #487
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Cocco. Her original set of albums (Bougainvillea, Rapunzel, Sangurozu) are extremely similar to pre-Jihen Ringo, but a little more extreme on song feeling. I even like them better depending on my mood.
Old 2008.05.20, 05:30 AM   #488
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Hi! Im Florence,from montreal-quebec (canada). It's nice to meet you all!
welcome /o/

Bonnie pink, Tsukiko Amano and Kojima Mayumi
doesn't sound alike Ringo, but make great music moments to me... and I think we are very alike because:

My current favorite song is Shuukyou,and my very favorite song is Electric Mole's STEM *shivers*
I like you XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.30, 11:50 PM   #489
rkkenusr

rkkenusr is headed in the right direction

Hello fellow Shiina Ringo fans!
Its my first time posting here at e-mole.net, so Im not really sure were to put this.
I really love her music. Right now Im listening to Variety and watching their 2007 Spa and Treatment live concert.

I hope to make friends among you guys!
rkkenusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.31, 10:29 AM   #490
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I thought I ought to comment here after lurking forever.

I am 20, male, and from Singapore. I've been a Ringo fan forever (wayyy back in 1999, Muzai Moratorium was my first album, and I will never forget the incredible rush I got from the opening strains of "Tadashii machi"), and seeing her live is one of my 'things to do before I die". Hopefully that will eventually materialise this August; my flight's all set, and now I'm hoping my friend can help get me ticks for the RSRF gig.

My favourite Ringo album is Muzai Moratorium, and favourite song of hers is Maru no uchi SADISTIC - cliche, I know, but I also know that nothing would give me quite the same high than to hear the opening beats and wailing pianica in the intro live.

Jihen-wise, I really liked all 3 albums equally, I think. Though, Sounan is undisputably my favourite of the singles.

I love about 3 million other bands and artists, though no one comes near my insane obsession for Ringo. Just to be properly representative of my tastes, some of the other acts I like - the brilliant green, Broken Social Scene (who were AWESOME live), Feist, The Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Rachael Yamgata, Faye Wong, Cheer Chen, Mew. Especially Mew and Cheer Chen - I need them to put out new records, like NOW.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote