Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.08.05, 05:35 PM   #41
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Reminds me of DI/DO covers for some reason
Old 2011.08.05, 08:29 PM   #42
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The sports cover was so bad.
Old 2011.08.06, 02:07 PM   #43
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I think I liked the promo shot better, but the idea that they still made the medal always seemed cool to me. And it followed a tradition of not having TJ on their CD covers (except for Variety but that one was clever too)

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2011.08.06 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2011.08.06, 05:45 PM   #44
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
For some reason this reminds me of a fairly common occurrence in Japanese class. Since I'm the only American in there, I get called on to explain everything about America when someone wants to know something. When the question is really annoying, like "What do Americans think about marriage?"....I just make something up.
Why does this always happen?? And then the teacher usually makes a broad generalization about America vs. Japan, usually in Japan's favor. Like "Ohh, here in America you guys use central A/C and it's soooo wasteful! We have window units in Japan, so much better." When I tried to point out that yes, in Texas most people have central A/C, in places like California, the Northeast, etc, they mostly have window units, she wouldn't hear of it. Plus my host family in Japan (who, okay, were rich by Japanese standards) totally had central A/C so whatever.

They couldn't use this tactic on me when I was taking Japanese classes in France! "Japanese people do this, what do French people do?" HELL IF I KNOW~
Old 2011.08.06, 08:45 PM   #45
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ same thing happens talking to overseas people about Australia. I enjoy going along with the cliches.

We do however, have Kangaroos in the backyard :-p
Old 2011.08.06, 09:04 PM   #46
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Blimey mate
Old 2011.08.06, 11:40 PM   #47
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

"The French gloat at the Japanese everyday. Nothing much. We sometimes ponder about if WWII was started by us and we captured Germany. Oh did you know that Hitler liked french wine?"
Old 2011.08.08, 07:55 AM   #48
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Why does this always happen?? And then the teacher usually makes a broad generalization about America vs. Japan, usually in Japan's favor. Like "Ohh, here in America you guys use central A/C and it's soooo wasteful! We have window units in Japan, so much better."
There was nearly a riot in class recently over this sort of thing. Most of the students in the class are Chinese, and our teacher used the recent train collision in China to illustrate a few things--among them the concept of something being "buried," the way one of the train cars had been BURIED in the dirt under a bridge after the collision.

She must have been a little too smug about the example, because one of the Chinese students in the class said "A lot of trains in Japan have accidents too!" And she said, yes, but not the high-speed trains. She then realized how the students were receiving her little lesson, and backtracked to say that in Japan, yes, there are many subway accidents, and the subway can be dangerous. And the Chinese student said, "Yes, either they have accidents or someone commits suicide...." The teacher just moved along to the next lesson.
Old 2011.08.08, 08:20 AM   #49
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
There was nearly a riot in class recently over this sort of thing. Most of the students in the class are Chinese, and our teacher used the recent train collision in China to illustrate a few things--among them the concept of something being "buried," the way one of the train cars had been BURIED in the dirt under a bridge after the collision.

She must have been a little too smug about the example, because one of the Chinese students in the class said "A lot of trains in Japan have accidents too!" And she said, yes, but not the high-speed trains. She then realized how the students were receiving her little lesson, and backtracked to say that in Japan, yes, there are many subway accidents, and the subway can be dangerous. And the Chinese student said, "Yes, either they have accidents or someone commits suicide...." The teacher just moved along to the next lesson.

Teacher status:
[ ]Not told
[X]Told

My country's presidential candidate Tony Tan just bitched to us about US credit rating dropping and blah blah blah Singapore must not be like that.

>implying US is still not the strongest(if not, one of the strongest) country.

I can't see the relation of the debt and resources. Who needs coupons or even bits of electronic information we all call money when you have resources?

I don't think I will be buying this one... might buy a dress that shiina ringo wore though...

Last edited by W3iHong : 2011.08.08 at 08:37 AM.
Old 2011.08.08, 04:51 PM   #50
deadgrandma

So.... that CS Channel DVD/Blu Ray

Looks pretty nifty hey

Wow, how awesome, Tokyo Jihen wrote the new song "ハンサム過ぎて" about us EMF members!

It's translation on Kronekodow English is "Too Handsome". How thoughtful of them!