Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.02.07, 08:21 PM   #491
Denitson777

Denitson777 pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
sweet spot is really nice, I just took a listen (I'm not going to buy it though, just preview clip). it is a slow moody ballad sung in english with a similar feel to karada. ringo's voice sounds sweet and relaxing and the arrangement is pretty sparse with piano and brushes and some guitar floating in and out. overall a very nice sensation.

also, sweet spot is 3:51 on iTunes so it would seem that the track times are correct....

edit: I ripped the audio from itunes to mp3. you can thank me with rep, XDDDD
Kuro_Neko is da Bomb \m/ ,one golden star for you! *

to me it sounds more interesting than Kachi Ikusa
Old 2010.02.07, 08:24 PM   #492
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

That preview doesn't intrigue me much, but I'm really starting to like "Gaman".
Old 2010.02.07, 08:41 PM   #493
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it seems like they released 3 varied tracks to give the fans a lot to chew over until the album drops. from the looks of things the other two tracks (sent to mobile phone as chaku uta and chaku full) are both more upbeat/rockish. either way, sweet spot completely took the sour taste out of my mouth as it lacks the Variety-production values and sounds refreshing. im excited about this album once again.
Old 2010.02.07, 08:55 PM   #494
mae

mae is headed in the right direction

yeah, I agree, it sounds kind of refreshing... I still don't like it too much but it's a nice turn...

thank youuuu (L)
Old 2010.02.07, 09:11 PM   #495
ichenyy

ichenyy pleased at least somebody

thanks kuro_neko!
It does sound refreshing, probably because Ringo has never(or rarely) had any song of this style...anyways, I personally like it more than Kachi-Ikusa
Old 2010.02.07, 10:16 PM   #496
the fox

the fox has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thanks for the clip! This is exactly what i was hoping for.
Old 2010.02.07, 10:28 PM   #497
Tsuki

Tsuki pleased at least somebody

I've got some pretty high hopes from the clip of Sweet Spot. It isn't as caramel-smooth as Karada, but the bassline certainly sounds groovy.

I'm not sure how I feel about the album length, though. I'm hoping that she pulls out her good old palindromes out of nowhere at the last second and ends up making everything symmetrical again.
Old 2010.02.07, 11:06 PM   #498
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks kuro! This is allegedly the song she composed with Izawa. And yeah, doesn't sound like Variety at all!
Old 2010.02.08, 12:30 AM   #499
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Urgh its jpop, in english. Its not terrible but I dont think I would listen to this if it werent ringo and i cant even say that of most of variety. Its basically the kind of music I wouldnt make fun of other people for listening to....thats the best I can say about it, I respect anyone who is into it but I'm not. Its just a clip though so I wont get too upset.

I do like however that it fits the other 2 songs as opposed to variety and SG (which have no coherence whatsoever). I think this album all depends on the intro track for me so I still have hope since the descriptions make it sound tight.

OH and the english doesnt sound embarrassing at least.

I just heard the clips ......it was 6 seconds each, they only let you listen once and the volume was turned down for the first 3 seconds. Both songs sound like they could fit into an amazing or an aweful song.

In other words: I have no idea.

I would download but for 200 yen when the album is only 2 weeks away..... and I wouldnt be able to show it to you guys in any listenable format.
Old 2010.02.08, 01:07 AM   #500
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
I just heard the clips ......it was 6 seconds each, they only let you listen once and the volume was turned down for the first 3 seconds. Both songs sound like they could fit into an amazing or an aweful song.

In other words: I have no idea.

I would download but for 200 yen when the album is only 2 weeks away..... and I wouldnt be able to show it to you guys in any listenable format.
I have the same feeling about Sweet Spot, I could download the entire song with some of my remaining iTunes Japan credit, but why pay for it when I pre-ordered the album and we just have two weeks?

I don't think this song should be called jpop. jpop is a term that gets used in japan for almost everything (if you go into tower records or any cd store and look for most artists, from ringo to ayumi hamasaki to monobright to zazen boys to pez, they will all be under jpop). lazer, the context in which you use jpop, with a general disdain, is generally what I would use when talking about like para para and anime insanely high pitched over the top cutesty ayumi hamasaki shit. this song (sweet spot) is definitely closer to ariamaru tomi, karada, and other ringo goodies of late. the production values manage to avoid the Variety pitfalls while still capturing a similar style mood and ringo's vocals are nice and silky smooth singing over an underwhelming production (which is a nice change).

man I just want the entire album now.
Closed Thread