Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.13, 05:02 PM   #501
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

HF sucks because it's full of old material. SG isn't full of old material. Thus, they can't equal each other!
Old 2009.05.13, 05:48 PM   #502
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by clowezra View Post
what's the point of working with Neko on the solo stuff? Since him (and Hattori) are arranging it, it's just gonna be another HF.=/ And I was starting to pray for another KZK/SS...
we don't know to what extent they are arranging the album. I think this album is going to be a mix of what we have seen from with a new twist. We don't have any track by track info, so we can't say if Neko is arranging 1 track or 14 at this moment. The closest example we might have is EXPO version Yokyou, as that actually has a lot of the people involved with the album playing (the guitarist, neko, etc)
Old 2009.05.16, 12:16 AM   #503
Pancio

Pancio has had more than 15 seconds of fame

from MUSICA magazine (5/15):
It seems that Ukigumo is involved just in the new arrangement of Marunouchi Sadistic, while Saito Neko deals with the arrangement of "Tsugou no ii karada" and "Futari Bocchi no Jikan". SOIL & PIMP SESSION has arranged another track on the album which is "Mayakashi Yasaotoko".
HZM arranges the first track, "Ryuukou".
Coba, the harmonicist arranges "Bonsai Hada".
What we might expect is a quite heterogenous album this time!

The interview features nice pictures of Ringo reading a newspaper wearing cute black nerd-like glasses.
I don't have the time and the patience to translate all the article in english but she clearly states that she's not going to do both Tokyo Jihen and her solo stuff toghether, so we can assume that the band is officially gone on hiatus.
Explaining one of the causes that led her to turn back doing solo stuff again she tells that she receveid complaints from "okyakusama" (literally, the honorable customers...a.k.a FANS) for doing just self-covers.

About "Ariamaru Tomi" she told a very interesting fact:
Last year after receiving a letter from two high school students she decided that she wanted to compose once again a song for them, for their generation.

Last edited by Pancio : 2009.05.16 at 12:23 AM.
Old 2009.05.16, 01:58 AM   #504
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Pancio View Post
It seems that Ukigumo is involved just in the new arrangement of Marunouchi Sadistic, while Saito Neko deals with the arrangement of "Tsugou no ii karada" and "Futari Bocchi no Jikan". SOIL & PIMP SESSION has arranged another track on the album which is "Mayakashi Yasaotoko".

The interview features nice pictures of Ringo reading a newspaper wearing cute black nerd-like glasses.
I don't have the time and the patience to translate all the article in english but she clearly states that she's not going to do both Tokyo Jihen and her solo stuff toghether, so we can assume that the band is officially gone on hiatus.
Explaining one of the causes that led her to turn back doing solo stuff again she tells that she receveid complaints from "okyakusama" (literally, the honorable customers...a.k.a FANS) for doing just self-covers.

Last year after receiving a letter from two high school students she decided that she wanted to compose once again a song for them, for their generation.
Old 2009.05.16, 02:06 AM   #505
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Pancio View Post

WOW. Pancio, thanks a lot!! You made my day, and I just woke up haha!!
Old 2009.05.16, 02:06 AM   #506
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Wow, thanks for the news. It's a bit of a shock.
So Jihen was like Ringo's maternity leave?
Old 2009.05.16, 02:12 AM   #507
kuro_neko

that is good news. I wonder who arranged the majority of the other tracks? I'm not sure how I feel about Jihen coming to such a conclusion. I suppose Variety was a good album to take a break with, it was the first time the band really experimented as an actual band and not as Ringo's outfit, and a lot of us didn't like the results, so here we go. It is funny how Ringo says that the fans complain that they want to her the band member's write more music and so she give us Variety, and now she says some fans said she is only doing self covers so she releases a new album. She probably as a "the fans told me to do it" excuse for everything.
Old 2009.05.16, 02:42 AM   #508
kuro_neko

taken from the Switch website.
Old 2009.05.16, 02:43 AM   #509
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

very interesting. thanks, Pancio!

EDIT: bigger versions at the source.
Now I understand the comparisons to old Ringo. I haven't seen her like this in a while
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yqd9e-1-1196.jpg (70.0 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg yqd9e-2-1196.jpg (90.5 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by a_grumble_cake : 2009.05.16 at 03:37 AM.
Old 2009.05.16, 04:18 AM   #510
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ I'm sooo buying that magazine.

Thanks Panico for the news! This album looks promising!