Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.06.19, 10:29 AM   #561
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I LOVE this show!
Massive Dynamics of course looke too damn cool. The characters are solid and the story seems to be, too. And I was very surprised to see Denethor come out of Gondor to play a mad scientist.
And what a surprise, a real life Amy from Futurama, as the assistent of the protagonist!

I can't wait until september now

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.06.19, 10:45 AM   #562
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Aside from that, the end of the first half of the finale season of Battlestar Galactica was astounding. My only problem was the pacing of the first 10 episodes. I felt the first 4 or so were quite slow, and the last few squeezed so much into the episode, particularly the final one. They should have fleshed out the story over all 10 episodes, but then maybe it wouldn't have been quite as exciting toward the end.
I have 8 episodes in my computer but I've only gone through the first 4. I watched the first 3 seasons in a little more than a week, but I also thought there was a pacing issue. And I just got a little sick about the whole Cylon/Baltar thing.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.06.19, 11:27 AM   #563
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

The last half of the first 10 episodes definitely picks up the pace. Some really, really good episodes from 5-6 onwards and the last one of 2008, episode 10, was one of my favourite episodes of the entire series.
Old 2008.06.19, 11:52 PM   #564
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
A screener is an advance DVD of the episode sent to critics. It's usually how DVD quality rips of shows and movies leek early.
What?? Are you a critic?! How did you score screener DVDs? Unless you're just talking about watching a DVD rip of it?
Old 2008.06.20, 01:13 AM   #565
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
What?? Are you a critic?! How did you score screener DVDs? Unless you're just talking about watching a DVD rip of it?
As he said, the episode was leaked earlier this week
And it's gooood

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.06.20, 04:59 AM   #566
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Hm, he doesn't need to be a critic to have access to DVD Screeners. Actually, you just need to have access to the internet =P
Yeah, pretty much
Old 2008.06.20, 07:45 PM   #567
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

well, it just made it sound like he'd actually received a copy of the actual screener DVD and had popped it in. That's what was confusing!
Old 2008.06.21, 04:12 AM   #568
Inaudible-Whisper

Maybe that's because I deeply wish I received free DVD's of movies and TV shows for free
Old 2008.06.21, 02:47 PM   #569
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Ok guys, is it really worth it that I watch Return of the King?

I watched Fellowship and Towers last year. It was nigh impossible for me to watch either in one sitting. Not that my attention span is flighty, but Towers just went on didn't it? Whenever the story shifted to Aragorn, I just could not give a crap anymore and lost interest. (However, the Pippin and Merri stuff totally won.)
Fellowship was not as bad in being drawn out, it was not as long. But RotK, I've put off a year from watching because of Two Towers "omg when is this ending??"ness, plus it's even longer.

Maybe I have the extended cut of Two Towers, I should look into it. I know I tried really sternly to get the theatrical cut of the films, but maybe the internets nerdiness got the better of me.
Old 2008.06.21, 05:18 PM   #570
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

if you can't take the stretched out "two towers," stay away from Return. It's a great movie, but not everyone can watch a borderline homo erotic hobbit movie for 3+ hours.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Closed Thread