Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.22, 02:04 AM   #571
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

The fact that I'm getting so much negative rep for one post where I never once insulted frecklegirl or another member of this community, just proves your blindness. It's hilarious.

And there are other totally unfair things happening everytime in this community, Inaudible-Whisper.
Old 2009.05.22, 02:20 AM   #572
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

nice to know terms like "arrogant" aren't insults in your world.
Old 2009.05.22, 02:27 AM   #573
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

arrogant:
(adjective)
Unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than, or know more than, other people.

Everything can be an insult, if you interpret it the wrong way.
Old 2009.05.22, 03:30 AM   #574
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
The fact that I'm getting so much negative rep for one post where I never once insulted frecklegirl or another member of this community, just proves your blindness. It's hilarious.

And there are other totally unfair things happening everytime in this community, Inaudible-Whisper.
The fact that so many people thought you went one step too far says it all. It isn't necessarily what you said, it is the way you said it. It came across as rude and condescending. And I disagree that the forum is full of unfair things; sure, it's full of disagreements, but it's rare that somebody is rude to another unprovoked and if they are, they get the same reaction that you are now.

Everything can be an insult, if you interpret it the wrong way.
And does that fact that so many people interpreted it one way not say it all? You shouldn't be so adamant that we're all wrong and maybe take a look at the way you're writing if you don't know how your own posts are coming across. They are not in a positive tone at all.
Old 2009.05.22, 04:34 AM   #575
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Frecklegirl's response to mucker69's translation was unfair, rude and arrogant. And I didn't see her getting any kind of reaction like this.
Old 2009.05.22, 05:06 AM   #576
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

saw soo many new posts. thought it leaked or something.

Its only drama. any translation is ok by me. as long as it roughly tells me whats going on. But i tend to like frecklegirl's
Old 2009.05.22, 05:08 AM   #577
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Frecklegirl's response to mucker69's translation was unfair, rude and arrogant. And I didn't see her getting any kind of reaction like this.
Point out the part where she was directly rude to mucker69. All she said was that they were unofficial and not to trust them to be accurate. As somebody who has spent countless hours translating the songs, I think she has the right to make that assessment. She didn't say they "suck" or that this specific translator sucks. She didn't claim that her translations are the be all and end all and nobody else has a chance of matching them. She simply said what she read. I don't see how it was rude and unfair at all. Blunt maybe, but not offensive.

On the other hand, you directly confronted freckles with sarcasm and claims of arrogance and that she thinks she is the "god of the japanese language". That simply has not been said or alluded to by her or anyone else. She simply, as a translator, judged another translation. "You must have lots of mirrors in your house..." ... you don't see the difference between what she said and shit like that?

Anyway, enough time has been wasted in this thread on the issue. Do try and keep on topic, there are other threads if you feel you need to vent or stick to PMing.
Old 2009.05.22, 05:08 AM   #578
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You must have a historical timeline like FOX/Sky News that only dates back far enough (the last few days or weeks) to make your point. People have ganged up on frecklegirl before. Doesn't necessarily mean they were right to do so, but the fact that they were not threatened between that time and this time, and that you're the one being singled out this time - indicates to me that frecklegirl doesn't get special treatment at all. If she's not the one being singled out by the crowd this time, then it has everything to do with your behavior and nothing to do with her status.
Old 2009.05.22, 07:24 AM   #579
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

(on-topic)
Who's excited for this single?
Old 2009.05.22, 07:33 AM   #580
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
(on-topic)
Who's excited for this single?
Me. I can't wait for SG T_T.
Closed Thread