Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.07.22, 09:44 AM   #591
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
congratulations!!!

TY bongo, you know one of those folders would make a good tribute...

I'm half kidding, but I'm seriously thinking about offering someone 20+ for one of those folders, they're are the perfect visual summation of her career up to this point.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.07.22, 09:47 AM   #592
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
TY bongo, you know one of those folders would make a good tribute...

I'm half kidding, but I'm seriously thinking about offering someone 20+ for one of those folders, they're are the perfect visual summation of her career up to this point.
i would not really know how to post to Toronto but maybe if you beg Glath he'll sell you one!! he's much nearer than me
Old 2008.07.22, 10:01 AM   #593
cjhobbies00

Originally Posted by ringobingo View Post
i would not really know how to post to Toronto but maybe if you beg Glath he'll sell you one!! he's much nearer than me
Sixteen hours ahead of you, mooching off Glath is one of the incentives of my new position.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.07.22, 07:38 PM   #594
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Currently watching. the fucking Family Guy.

Fuck I hate this show soo much. After 6 oclock, its playing non-stop on whatever channel I'm on. There's no escaping this damn show!
Old 2008.07.22, 08:42 PM   #595
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

omg how can you hate Family Guy. Are you kidding me?

PEEETAAAAHHHHHH oh that voice gives me shivers....kind of sad how the town they supposedly live in is about 30 minutes from here....no one sounds quite as bad as Lois.
Old 2008.07.22, 08:51 PM   #596
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

South Park's "Cartoon Wars" ep says it best.

Jokes are hot swappable, have no bearing on the "story." The entire show is just grating on my nerves, I think it leans on "shock value" too much and is a bigger pop culture offender than Shrek/Dreamworks.

Stewie has his moments, but that's all I'll give it.
Old 2008.07.22, 08:56 PM   #597
cjhobbies00

It's true that most Family Guy episodes are throwaway junk food, but South Park is worse on a certain level.

There are the classic episodes like the Katrina, the passion of the Jew, etc...but there are also the extremely terrible episodes where the show comes off as preachy and offensive (This has really only happened in the past 2 seasons though). The hockey episode finale from last season? Torture, one of the worst moments in television history.

Old 2008.07.22, 09:06 PM   #598
Tokyo Jihad

South Park went through a dry spell for a while (the worst offender being the Xmas ep with Santa and Jesus in Iraq) but I think most eps of South Park are more noble in at least concept if failed in execution than Family Guy. I think South Park has heart with characters you can get behind (even Cartman on ocassion) whereas the characters in Family Guy have only one function which is to deliver a writer's joke (not a joke than even illusory comes from the character)
Old 2008.07.22, 09:17 PM   #599
cjhobbies00

I agree completely with that, there's no doubt that South Park does attempt, on occasion, to put out a message with the show.

But it's really bs for those two guys to be ripping a fluff show like Family Guy when there are South Park episodes that are obviously based on half assed conceptions. Major Boobage, Family Fun Time, the episode where they rip Bono, these are all fluff episodes with no high moral message.

And when Family Guy misses, you can chalk it up to the jokes or the fact that some of the cultural references flew over your head.
When South Park misses, it's clear that Trey and Matt took the week off smoking dope and got together 12 hours before showtime to hastily chop together something in front of the computer.

Old 2008.07.25, 04:26 PM   #600
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Full Dexter season 3 trailer! Awesome. I love me some Dexter!