Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.02, 03:20 AM   #61
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

As much as I'd like to blame Ukigumo for lame TJ, would him leaving really be an automatic fixer-upper? I mean, if we still had Phase 1, a 'Kyouiku 2' still would not be up to par to her solo work.

It may be entirely down to Shiina Ringo's bad decision making!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 03:23 AM   #62
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Solo.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 03:29 AM   #63
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

That's what I'm saying. Hata and Kameda seem like very cool people (All of TJ, phase 1 and 2 do, although Ukigumo comes across as a non-entity!), but solo is the way to go. Ariamaru Tomi can't come soon enough!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 03:29 AM   #64
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

solo forever and TJ with Hirama!!!!
miffunevii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 03:43 AM   #65
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by miffunevii View Post
solo forever and TJ with Hirama!!!!
Mikio intends to resume his solo activities this year, so I don't think this would be possible...
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 04:43 AM   #66
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

TJ Phase 2 just as it is right now FTW!!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 04:44 AM   #67
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Migoto View Post
Mikio intends to resume his solo activities this year, so I don't think this would be possible...
Then, we could be content with the "solo forever" thing *_*.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 04:53 AM   #68
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I think it's more important that Micky continues his solo career, than Ringo. He could never do epic win like Sainara within a band. Shiina Ringo with Kameda, Hata, and Nagoshi - would be grand.

As for Izawa, I'm not really for or against him as a performer. I think if HZM was getting held back in the later part of Phase 1, that there's no further disadvantage to having someone like Izawa who naturally performs at the level HZM would have been held back to anyway. Plus Izawa can pick up a guitar sometimes, which is something HZM couldn't do (in recent years he just uses keyboard effects that try to sound somewhat like electric guitars). You could have some new Tokyo Jihen songs that are actually crafted to be played with an extra guitar instead of a keyboard, and Shiina Ringo could play extra bass instead of a normal guitar. Or just stick to vocals only, because everytime the extra guitar is hers - she loses control.
Old 2009.04.02, 05:31 AM   #69
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Plus Izawa can pick up a guitar sometimes, which is something HZM couldn't do (in recent years he just uses keyboard effects that try to sound somewhat like electric guitars). You could have some new Tokyo Jihen songs that are actually crafted to be played with an extra guitar instead of a keyboard, and Shiina Ringo could play extra bass instead of a normal guitar. Or just stick to vocals only, because everytime the extra guitar is hers - she loses control.
There's no point that HZM needs to pick up a guitar cos he doesn't really need to
His piano is a killer already
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 06:35 AM   #70
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

I think what ringo said was kind of joke, which ringo could do only in her fan-club news letter. Maybe there was some rumor circulating among fans, especially ringohan fans, so she refered it, like " yeah, I did duet with THAT UKIGUMO. " If there're really problems it may not be easy to say it on interview.