Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2013.06.22, 08:02 AM   #71
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
^was it released already? on my itunes it says it'll only be avilable on the 24th?!
Yep its out in some countries, like China (not officially out in Australia yet though either). It's also in the usual place right now.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.06.22 at 08:06 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.25, 05:39 AM   #72
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

just listened to the reworked version of The Coming Ones and while I love it and the fact she decided to rework the whole album instead of just re-release it with 1 or 2 bonus tracks or remixes like most artists do when they re-release an album, I'm still curious as to why she decided to do it...
I'm not entirely sure the reason is to appeal to western listeners' tastes because the original versions with their heavy electronic elements sounded even more westernized to my taste than the new versions. it seems as almost she was not satisfied with the original versions so she decided to re-work almost the whole thing and present it to the world as a new creation
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.25, 06:11 AM   #73
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I love this image Maximum the Hormone posted. It's an 'artists impression' of what their new album is going to be like to buy over-the-counter because of the 'image on the back cover'. Ha, those pranksters!
Old 2013.07.16, 08:18 AM   #74
deadgrandma

Goldfrapp- Drew

HOLY FUCK BALLS.

Awesome song, amazing video. This is looking to be the return to form I've wanted for years from Goldfrapp.
Old 2013.07.17, 05:35 PM   #75
matan-san

^ gorgeous song and it seems like their returning to the sound of 7th Tree which is my fave album from them. only it's even better than anything on that album
Old 2013.07.17, 07:23 PM   #76
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Dude that Goldfrapp song sounds like Portishead's Glory Box-lite. :p More flat too. You might want to check out Enya. :p
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.17, 07:40 PM   #77
deadgrandma

Ah, Portishead... haven't listened to them in a while. And no, it's really not the same thing :-p

If you think it sounds flat, then I'd consider checking your EQ settings/get a new soundcard/speakers/headphones btw... it's truly one of the most dynamic produced songs I've heard in a long time... Unless by 'flat' you mean something else.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.07.17 at 07:44 PM.
Old 2013.07.18, 01:54 AM   #78
matan-san

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
You might want to check out Enya. :p
you've got problems with Enya??

and no it doesn't sound like her at all
Old 2013.07.23, 05:55 AM   #79
matan-san

on another note, Yoko Ono is releasing a new album on september (with her new plastic ono band)

and before any of the haterz says something against her, find me another 80 years old musician who makes music like this (or makes music in general)

https://soundcloud.com/yokoono/yoko-...band-moonbeams
Old 2013.07.23, 07:29 AM   #80
deadgrandma

People hate on Yoko Ono without even really knowing what they're talking about or looking at her solely on the John Lennon/Beatles aspect (which was 40 FUCKING YEARS AGO- but hey, marry arguably the most famous man in the world at any given time and this is bound to happen, right?) it seems. It's a very misguided and sad way of looking at her rather interesting offerings of music- particularly in more recent years. No haters I know have even heard Death of Samatha or Rising for godsake. (Most) of her older albums have aged very well. Her "screech" can be daunting... but anyone with any sort of open mind should be able to get past this- especially since it only happens occasionally. This new track you linked to sounds pretty neat btw.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.07.23 at 07:40 AM.