Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.02.17, 01:03 PM   #811
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I think you forgot something we were clearly shown. Whatever "change" happened in the sideway, it didn't just make a small crater on the island and left everyone else alive. It SANK THE WHOLE ISLAND TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. That's where Ben would be right now if he was on the island at that time. But as I said I think the complete destruction of the island is something that happened at least before his father got the idea to get involved with Dharma.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.17, 01:17 PM   #812
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I don't think the bomb had anything to do with the island sinking. How could a bomb sink an island? Plus Dharmaville is in one piece underwater. If it was a repercussion of the bomb, those wooden houses would not doubt be obliterated. I think theres more evidence for the bomb always being part of the timeline than there is for it to be a new addition that is the direct cause of all of these changes.
Old 2010.02.17, 01:49 PM   #813
golem09

ok, then how about this theory:

all lost chars exists twice, and what we see as an alternative, are in reality just the second losties on the oceanic flight one month later^^

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.02.17, 01:51 PM   #814
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I think it was confirmed recently that the Aaron scan was a production error :p
Old 2010.02.23, 06:12 PM   #815
golem09

Soooo, who do you think was #108?
If Jack hadn't smashed the mirrors, I'd have thought it would be Desmond or his son, because they are already traveling by boat.

Now maybe Aaron?

Good episode, and an even better promo for next week

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.02.23, 07:14 PM   #816
Inaudible-Whisper

Don't trust the promos to get you hyped. They're made by ABC without the input of anyone involved in the show. I can almost guarantee that next weeks episode will offer no more answers than the last two.

Great episode though. Not as strong as last weeks but I LOVED last weeks. I don't know who 108 could be. Desmond, Aaron and Widmore were my first guesses but that's only because there aren't many more important people off island.

Interesting that Kate's name (next to number 51) WASN'T scribbled out in the lighthouse.

Edit: 108 was shown on the wheel. 108 = Wallace.

?
Old 2010.02.23, 09:42 PM   #817
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Now that I'm finally up-to-speed, I can join in on this conversation (I didn't finish Season 5 until a couple of weeks into the broadcasting of Season 6).

Hugo and Jack were never meant to see what was on 108, because Jacob figured Jack would go apeshit before that. In all probability, 108 had nothing at all.

Also of interest is the temple where the Kwons got married (and where Jacob met them), and the chapel where Jacob met Sawyer as a young boy. Those showed up in the mirror.

The thing I don't understand is if we saw the chapel, then the dial had to be on 15 at that time, yet we should have seen something for Saayid because he's 16. We didn't see anything for Kate either, and she was approached by Jacob at one point.

Also, 51 isn't one of THE numbers, so that might mean Kate is more special or less special than the rest of the group.

Desmond, his child, and Aaron - probably aren't listed, because there's no indication that Jacob ever watched them or approached them outside of the island.

There's also a crossed-out Faraday on the list. I couldn't find any Whitmore, but noticed various Dharma and Other names, including a crossed-out Linus. Apparently you don't have to be dead (yet), to be crossed out.
Old 2010.02.24, 01:00 AM   #818
golem09

Yeah, seems like Jacob only chose 108 because it was the sum of everyone important, and to lure Jack there, so he could freak out.

And I only liked the style of the promo, I'm not any more hyped up than last week because of it

MyAnimelist
Old 2010.02.24, 04:18 AM   #819
Inaudible-Whisper

I'm joining team MIB. Jacob's goal may be the correct one if we assume that the island does indeed need protecting, but he is an evasive asshole to blame for countless deaths and meddling in the lives of seemingly most people on the island to "nudge" them there. MIB has been made out to be the bad guy, but I think he's just as frustrated with Jacob as us viewers.

Name:  lostincevil2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  132.6 KB

I do think he doesn't fully understand the importance of Jacob's goal, or he sees it as a futile or impossible endeavour but his motives appear more clear and understandable right now so I eagerly await him to kick some Temple-Others ass smokey style.

In regards to Claire claiming to have been shot, I wonder if it was by Juliet in the boat.
Old 2010.02.24, 06:19 AM   #820
golem09

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I'm joining team MIB. Jacob's goal may be the correct one if we assume that the island does indeed need protecting, but he is an evasive asshole to blame for countless deaths and meddling in the lives of seemingly most people on the island to "nudge" them there. MIB has been made out to be the bad guy, but I think he's just as frustrated with Jacob as us viewers.

Attachment 4687

I do think he doesn't fully understand the importance of Jacob's goal, or he sees it as a futile or impossible endeavour but his motives appear more clear and understandable right now so I eagerly await him to kick some Temple-Others ass smokey style.

In regards to Claire claiming to have been shot, I wonder if it was by Juliet in the boat.
I'm still with Jacob. I've always been a the-end-justifies-the-means guy.

And MiB still kept lying to Sawyer with everything he needed to turn him against Jacob. And maybe you forgot, that MiB KILLED LOCKE. I don't think he is responsible for less deaths than Jacob.

MyAnimelist