Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.08.04, 03:53 PM   #811
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Currently download song summoner for the ipod. Make robot army from songs and have them do battle against evil forces. Build up the power of your army by listening to the songs used to create them.

Muhaha, army of Honnous and Sounans doing battle.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.04, 04:03 PM   #812
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Currently download song summoner for the ipod. Make robot army from songs and have them do battle against evil forces. Build up the power of your army by listening to the songs used to create them.

Muhaha, army of Honnous and Sounans doing battle.
What the hell?... Nevermind,
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.08, 11:29 AM   #813
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Currently Playing - Eternal Sonata

I haven't paid +$40 for a videogame in a long time. And I paid this for a used copy. The premise was just too good to pass up, I hope I have enough attention and persistence to get through an RPG. I think the death of my RPG career came when I gave up on FF9 in less than 2 hours.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.08, 06:32 PM   #814
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I recently beat Legend of Legaia 2 for the PS2. I only payed 12 bucks for it and it was so much fun.

Anyway play Silent Hill 0 yet? I hear it was made by an American team so I'm kind of worried to try it out.
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.08, 06:40 PM   #815
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I always wanted to play Legia! but could never ever find it in the shops
as for silent hill, I lost intrest after the second one (which was awesome) and as for the American developed game.. it seems to lack any real frights and instead seems to cover tired ground in regard to the frights ?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.08, 09:16 PM   #816
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm going to pick up a PS3 middle/late this month, but before I do, I'm trying to make the most informed decision possible. The question isn't do I even get one at all, but rather, which revision/SKU?

I know all of the official/wikisized differences, but here's what I don't know:
Do the 80GB models from before August 2008, have the updated Cell processor? The first PS3s had Cell processors based on 90mm. The Cell processors included in the newer 40GB PS3s, are based on 65mm, which doesn't improve the performance, but lowers the power consumption and cooling requirements, while yielding the same performance as before.

Now if the 80GB PS3s are merely the power-hungry 90mm Cell processor without the bonus PS2 processor, then I'll have little or nothing to lose by choosing the discontinued 60GB "Premium" PS3. If the 80GB PS3s have the 65mm Cell processor, then I can live without the extra PS2 processor, because software emulation of PS2 games is alright by me if it will hold out longer on my battery backup and not heat up my bedroom. That's a reasonable trade for a few less of the PS2 games being supported for now. The bonus PS2 processor included in the 20GB and 60GB models has around 98% cross-compatibility - which will never get any better, because you can't change the architecture of hardware that's already in-place. The software-based cross-compatibility of the PS3s without the bonus PS2 processor is at around 85% right now (it started at 80%), and will only keep improving with firmware updates, maybe even surpassing the hardware-based support one day.

I can find all of that information after enough digging around the intarwebs, but for the life of me, I can't find consistent or reliable answers about which kind of Cell processor is in the 80GB PS3s.
Old 2008.08.08, 09:31 PM   #817
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I have no idea whatsoever on the cell processor ? I had no idea that the newer PS3's supported backwards compatibility through software instead of the older's hardware built in ? if it's about power consumption then you should get the 40GB that you know has less of a power demand! and replace the hard drive with a 500GB one (what I did)!!
Old 2008.08.08, 09:41 PM   #818
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm going to wait until solid-state drives (SSDs) get bigger/cheaper, then install a 80GB one in-place of the factory-loaded 80GB platter-based drive (HDDs).

I find it remarkable that Sony lets you swap out the drives without voiding the warranty of the system. They are historically anal about you taking apart anything else they've manufactured. I swear to you, BetaMAX decks were constructed by gnomes! There's no other logical explanation! There are all these pieces that fit together in certain layers/angles, where it's like even though they aren't soldered or glued together, you still cannot separate them without manhandling the assembly and possibly breaking something. Their camcorders are half as stubborn, and their laptops are roughly a third as stubborn.
Old 2008.08.09, 04:02 PM   #819
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
Anyway play Silent Hill 0 yet? I hear it was made by an American team so I'm kind of worried to try it out.
You mean the PSP game? It's not bad. It's not SH 1-3, but it's better than 4. It's more intense than I expected being a handheld game and all. I don't know how the PS2 port is though.

Speaking of handhelds... I'm stuck with just a DS and PSP in Japan. My housing contract says it's forbidden to have a TV outside the TV lounge and it's also forbidden to hook up a console in the TV lounge.
Old 2008.08.09, 04:04 PM   #820
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
it's also forbidden to hook up a console in the TV lounge.

wow!! that's brutal Maou! how do they enforce such a rule ? is it communal accomadation or does someone keep check on you ? if your paying for the place you should be able to do what you like as long as you don't disturb others.

I'd rig a PS3 and a flat screen into a big suitcase and open it to play when it was safe!!