Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.05.10, 05:48 AM   #81
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Hope you guys will post presale information on the discs when it's up.

I would be a little disappointed if it was only a collection of old songs, but the thought of a new Shiina release has me excited nonetheless. And this can only lead to a new solo album, it has to...

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.05.10, 07:01 AM   #82
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
O_O I dont think the a-sides will be in the CD
Me neither.
Old 2008.05.10, 07:08 AM   #83
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

There will be no A-sides in this 10 year commemorative.

In fact, I question that there will be any music on the cd either.

There will also be no A-sides on the dvd.
Old 2008.05.10, 07:48 AM   #84
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I also hope these new discs are not full of "a"-sides. All great, but also all a bit overplayed. Doesn't it seem like the DVD will handle the a-sides, for the most part? It will be disappointing if the CDs mirror the DVD too closely, I think.
I support this theory. Don't most of her singles have two coupling tracks on them? There's enough material to cover the tracklist with just the coupling tracks. I wouldn't expect the Mayonaka version of Sid or Ringo Catalog to be included either. That makes room for some unreleased songs.
Old 2008.05.10, 08:29 AM   #85
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Not only were there two coupling songs on each, but most singles included one original song and one cover (you could even consider the "Mayonaka" single to follow this mold with the heavily altered "Sid" essentially being a cover of herself). She could easily pair her originals and covers symmetrically across the discs somehow.
Old 2008.05.10, 09:17 AM   #86
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by digdad View Post
She could easily pair her originals and covers symmetrically across the discs somehow.
I like this idea, but there are a lot more original songs than covers, so it couldn't be symmetrical.

As long as Aozora and Aisaika no Choshoku find their happy little ways somehow onto this compilation, I'll be able to sleep easy (without the usual vodka & painkiller cocktail).
Old 2008.05.10, 11:46 AM   #87
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

b-sides and unreleased songs, HOLY SHIP!

She's exhausted every option of repackaging her older stuff. Ringo has no choice left but to begin her solo career again with new songs.

But the title "Explode with Me" or "Discharge with me" makes it seem she's going suicide bomber on her soloness in the biggest way possible.

I want to go to the concert, but I'm scared to travel to a foreign country alone and with a weak grasp on the language.

aaand, ZCS "Gamble" is my preferred version. spacey riff and raw guitar sound wins

I'm glad I didn't buy any of the Sexual Healing dvd's. Something better is coming along, just wish there were a bluray version.
Old 2008.05.10, 04:40 PM   #88
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Holy crap!!! I've been gone a week (for those damned SAT and AP tests) and I get this sorta news....despite the fact that there's no new material I'm uber excited for the PV release...*explodes*
Old 2008.05.10, 07:20 PM   #89
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
wtf kuro... I wasn't trying to parade around at all. In Japanese they often leave off the last verb. Like in Chihiro Onitsuka's "Watashi to Waltz o" or a lyric of hers "watashi ni kiseki o."

I said... like a lot... that it was my personal interpretation. I wasnt trying to parade around anything or act like it was better than yours. And I still, as I said, stand by my interpretation. But I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees. It's my personal thing, I'm not trying to prove anything. Not sure why you're getting so huffy because I never intended to start some translator's debate. (Although you're not a translator... you've said yourself that it's hard for you to transfer your understanding of a Japanese sentence into English, whereas it's not that hard for me.)

uhhh... this is my final word cause this is, as always, getting ridiculous. *shrugs* what you think has no bearing on what translation I put up on my personal site.......
yeah, notice how she has the "wo" tacked on at the end...that would make the difference. but I stick by the fact that a noun coupled with to and another noun is taken in that way. and I have never said I am not a translator. Anyone who is somewhat bilingual is in fact translating all the time. I mean I don't translate for the general public in the sense that I don't post what I translate up on the internet nor do I necessary equate everything from japanese back to english. rather, it is far easier to live in japan and function and operate on as a competent person in japanese and stop relating it back to english. as they say in italian, translation is treason.
Old 2008.05.11, 08:53 AM   #90
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I heard that Kameda will likely play the bass again in the November lives.
Closed Thread