Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.07.09, 01:08 PM   #81
Narimiya

Narimiya is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I'd imagine that if HMV Japan sell the LP's online then they most certainly will be selling them in store as well.
I hop so, otherwise I have to ask my friend if he can order it for me.
It would be cool to grap the seiteki healing dvd and the saturday night LP in the same shop
Old 2009.07.09, 02:06 PM   #82
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

at tower record the usually have any new/recent LP's on top of the same shelf that has the cd releases. For Ringo you will probably see a small display in section with the album, dvd, LP, and single.
Old 2009.07.09, 08:32 PM   #83
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

In an attempt to move the "Vogue" music video discussion to a more appropriate thread...
What can I say? It's pretty boring. I loved seeing Ringo strut her stuff, but it looks like she was holding herself back quite a bit and I didn't really like her style. I'm not calling her ugly, but her style (hair, clothes, etc.) could have been more energetic and colorful to match the song and contrast with the ultra-clean set.
There's been a lot of discussion about the cost of the video. Some say it was expensive, others say it was cheap. I don't think it really matters. Most of Ringo's PV's have not been very expensive - even some of my personal favorites (Honnou, Sigma, Yami ni Furu Ame, etc). Many monies does not a good PV make.
I also think the "going for a more mainstream audience" has been kind of blown out of proportion. Ringo's not "selling out", she's just continuing to tone down her image. She was humiliated with Honnou because the people didn't understand or react to it the right way. If Ringo was wanting to get a large mainstream base, the promotion for this album would have been huge. But it wasn't. In fact, it was almost non-existent.
Old 2009.07.10, 05:17 AM   #84
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I think she looks great in this PV but that's the only good thing I can say about it. The whole thing is just generic and soulless.

It would be funny if Irokoizata ended up having the only decent PV in this collection XD
Old 2009.07.11, 12:13 AM   #85
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

The PV is boring but I like how it looks. It was just pleasing to my eyes, the simple black and white. It kind of lit a fire and made me like the song :]
Old 2009.07.15, 06:17 AM   #86
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Okay, Kronekodow says that the sixth PV will just be "Marunouchi Sadistic (EXPO Ver.)", and it is listed as an end roll, a la TJ's "put your camera down.", so it won't be a proper PV, it seems.
Old 2009.07.15, 09:52 PM   #87
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Okay, Kronekodow says that the sixth PV will just be "Marunouchi Sadistic (EXPO Ver.)", and it is listed as an end roll, a la TJ's "put your camera down.", so it won't be a proper PV, it seems.
that is RETARDED. they said others, and now they have it listed as endroll. I am thinking the endroll will probably be something slightly more than just the credits, like it might have something ala Izonshou, a small short PV that plays with the credits.
Old 2009.07.17, 10:47 AM   #88
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Narimiya View Post
I will be in Japan on the release date.
Is it possible to buy the LP in CD/Record-Shops?
Or do you have to order it from the internet?
Depends on your location. It'll be near impossible to find in a small city, but quite easy in a larger city. Tower Records in Shibuya had hundreds of the Muzai and SS vinyls when I was there, but none of the shops in the Osaka area had them.
Old 2009.07.18, 09:33 AM   #89
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
that is RETARDED. they said others, and now they have it listed as endroll. I am thinking the endroll will probably be something slightly more than just the credits, like it might have something ala Izonshou, a small short PV that plays with the credits.
yeah, like senkou shoujo, too. i haven't watched the DVD in a while, but i'm pretty sure that "put your camera down" played with some credits going.
Old 2009.07.19, 01:10 PM   #90
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

She's definitely doing it with Fuzzy D, theres no other reason to collaborate with him twice although I certaintly think it works with this song, I don't need to see his ugly face in the video and its not like maborishi is the number one hip hop group in japan by anyones standards
Closed Thread