Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.06.08, 08:34 AM   #921
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

full Shun PV on youtube-

椎名林檎 - 旬

edit: is the guitar plugging supposed to represent intercourse?

I feel like this PV missed the marked. It was supposed to be very sensual and classy but low production values drag it down so it also kind of seems like something out of a gravure idol dvd.
The musical instruments projected on the body are really cool, though.

Last edited by a_grumble_cake : 2009.06.08 at 08:45 AM.
Old 2009.06.08, 08:46 AM   #922
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

thanks for posting
Old 2009.06.08, 08:48 AM   #923
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Okay, if that's what defines Lynch, then he's really an overrated director for snobs.
I'm sorry, what?
Those are elements that remind me of Lynch and he uses them regularly but not exclusively. Just like when you see a movie centered on witty dialogue, you think of Tarantino, but are his movies just witty dialogue? Or when you see MacGuffins you think of Hitchcock. Or when you see long wide shots you think of John Ford.
I don't know what kind of distorted logic you used to go from my post to your conclusion, but it kind of got on my nerves. As most of your posts do, to be honest.
Old 2009.06.08, 08:48 AM   #924
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yeah, my favorite part is the instruments projected on her body.
Old 2009.06.08, 08:54 AM   #925
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I'm sorry, what?
Those are elements that remind me of Lynch and he uses them regularly but not exclusively. Just like when you see a movie centered on witty dialogue, you think of Tarantino, but are his movies just witty dialogue? Or when you see MacGuffins you think of Hitchcock. Or when you see long wide shots you think of John Ford.
I don't know what kind of distorted logic you used to go from my post to your conclusion, but it kind of got on my nerves. As most of your posts do, to be honest.
The "distorted logic" is that most people I've come across as self-described Lynch fans were also pretty pretentious (not ALL of them), and I just could never get into him although I've tried. I really liked Lost Highway though. Sorry to hear my posts annoy you.

Thanks for the PV, grumble!
Old 2009.06.08, 08:58 AM   #926
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ok, having seen the full PV, I still think it's amazing. Interesting atmosphere that it creates. And I'm glad they kept the outro instead of cutting it out.

Also, this:

Originally Posted by merman View Post
The "distorted logic" is that most people I've come across as self-described Lynch fans were also pretty pretentious (not ALL of them), and I just could never get into him although I've tried.
Sure, but your words were "overrated director for snobs" and my logic powers, as distorted or undistorted as they might be, would never assume you meant "Not ALL of Lynch's self-described fans are pretty pretentious and I don't like his movies although I tried".

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.06.08 at 09:02 AM.
Old 2009.06.08, 09:30 AM   #927
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I kind of like it. I think I overplayed the song so much before watching the PV that it didn't have the impact it would have had if I hadn't listened to the song that much, tho.

Wow, weird sentence.
Old 2009.06.08, 09:47 AM   #928
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

that was a clever use of armpit closeups. I almost thought it was some other part of the body.
Old 2009.06.08, 09:50 AM   #929
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

The PV has lots of sex innuendos... Especially when she plays instruments -that one with the hole, you know xD...-
Old 2009.06.08, 10:09 AM   #930
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

It's definitely an interesting PV. I liked the instruments projected onto her body and the use of the slow camera. It set a really nice mood. But the animated cats and her sticking a fork in her mouth went a little over my head.