Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.11.28, 08:26 AM   #21
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
YesAsia is now the only internationally-shipping vendor who still claims to have the MoRA boxes in-stock. Both versions (CD and DVD) are now sold-out everywhere else.
I have to tell you, something strange happened in YesAsia when the MoRA boxes were released... First, I made my order on Nov. 22th, thinking that maybe it was too late for me fo find the both products available. Other sites already had the boxes out of stock, and I was worried about that. Well, I gave it a shot and since it didn´t say the boxes were out of stock I order them. So, Nov 25th arrived (in Japan, because here in Perú it was still Nov 24th), so I checked my order details... The boxes were still in "preorder" status, but when you clicked on the product links for the descriptions you could read that the boxes were available already, but they shipped between 7 and 14 days. I was worried because if the products were just released, there were supossed to be available for shipping within 1 or 2 days, but in my order they were still on the "preorder" status. So, the day after I spend all day checking the order details and in that period the order went from "preorder" to "searching from suppliers" (I was hopeless at that point... usually when any order I make in YesAsia gets to that status is cancelled because they never find the product) to finally "ready and in stock". The order was finally shipped and when I checked again the product details, it was now with the shipping availability within 1 or 2 days.

So maybe, after all the mess that happened on those days, now they really have the boxes in stock. If i could get both copies in such a late date, maybe there are more... Who knows?

Oh, what should I do? Do I order the LPs? They look like a must-have, but since the order of the MoRA boxes was already expensive for me, I don´t know I should order those... I´m struggling with the compulsive buyer within me

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 08:40 AM   #22
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by MortAd View Post
I have to tell you, something strange happened in YesAsia when the MoRA boxes were released... First, I made my order on Nov. 22th, thinking that maybe it was too late for me fo find the both products available. Other sites already had the boxes out of stock, and I was worried about that. Well, I gave it a shot and since it didn´t say the boxes were out of stock I order them. So, Nov 25th arrived (in Japan, because here in Perú it was still Nov 24th), so I checked my order details... The boxes were still in "preorder" status, but when you clicked on the product links for the descriptions you could read that the boxes were available already, but they shipped between 7 and 14 days. I was worried because if the products were just released, there were supossed to be available for shipping within 1 or 2 days, but in my order they were still on the "preorder" status. So, the day after I spend all day checking the order details and in that period the order went from "preorder" to "searching from suppliers" (I was hopeless at that point... usually when any order I make in YesAsia gets to that status is cancelled because they never find the product) to finally "ready and in stock". The order was finally shipped and when I checked again the product details, it was now with the shipping availability within 1 or 2 days.
The same thing happened to me and I had placed my preorder in September! I wrote them an email to know wth was up with that, and before they could reply (which they did, and they reply fast!) my order had been shipped.
YesAsia has lots of advantages for me but this kind of ordering-drama is definately their worst quality.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 08:45 AM   #23
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The delay with YesAsia doesn't surprise me since they are based in Hong Kong, and they have to wait for goods to reach them from Japan.

As for whether or not to buy the LPs, I will warn you that once you get Muzai Moratorium and Shouso Strip, you will eventually have a craving to seal-the-deal with KZK. This could drive you nuts for several years, because it's been sold-out since the year it came out (2003), only one copy has ever shown up on eBay throughout all this time, and on Yahoo! Japan Auctions (during the rare moments you can even find KZK there) it fetches more than Muzai Moratorium and Shouso Strip combined.

If you could be happy with just MM and SS, then by all means, buy them before they're gone. But before you get into that, you should either forget all about KZK, or brace yourself to pay a fortune for it in maybe a year from now (after your wallet has had time to recover from all the November 2008 releases).
Old 2008.11.28, 08:49 AM   #24
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

My order (MM & SS LPs) from Amazon seems to have been delivered. Need to call my brother to confirm this.
Old 2008.11.28, 09:29 AM   #25
milk

milk pleased at least somebody

Can anyone who has received their items tell us what it is SR's voice says when you open the box? Is there any difference between the CD and DVD boxes? Thanks!
milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 07:16 PM   #26
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Finally I made up my mind and decided to buy the LPs... But unfortunately, HMV won´t accept my credit card It´s the same problem I have with CDJapan. I don´t get what´s the problem, and when I ask them by email they don´t even give me an explanation telling me the problem is my bank. I´m looking for both LP in Amazon but I can´t find MM, only SS... Well, it seems I won´t be able to get this products in the end...

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 07:27 PM   #27
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by milk View Post
Can anyone who has received their items tell us what it is SR's voice says when you open the box? Is there any difference between the CD and DVD boxes? Thanks!
She says "Maidoari" (Thanks for supporting). The quality is pretty bad, and as far as I know there is no difference between the two boxes.
Old 2008.11.29, 03:07 AM   #28
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Mr Sands View Post
On the other hand I can't find either of them anywhere around here.
I had to buy to vinyls just to stop the disappointment. It's my own fault though I should have ordered online earlier or something.
Really? I've seen the MoRa sets in every store I've gone to and the analogs in every Tower Records and HMV I've been in. The Tower Records in Shibuya has tons of them.

I bought the Muzai analog, but decided to pass on the SS analog for now.
Old 2008.11.29, 11:20 AM   #29
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm holding the dvd box right now wondering if I should shelf it or open it.

I was charged twice, btw. thanks Momo.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.29, 01:38 PM   #30
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

Is this the same infamous momo at HMV who forgot to mark my package as "gift" and I ended up paying $120 for my DO DVD due to the craziness of UK customs/delivery agents.

I'll seriously cry if she "forgets" this time on my MoRA DVD box.......
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote