Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.12.14, 03:12 PM   #1141
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Anybody watching the Spike Video Game Awards later? You can stream it here. Usually I wouldn't watch such tripe, but they have a lot of exclusive trailers and announcements. It airs 6pm Pacific/9pm EST/2am GMT and the exclusive trailers known thus far include GTAIV: The Lost and the Damned, God of War 3 (In game, supposedly), Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, Gears of War 2 DLC, Fight Night Round 4 plus "2 surprises". Hideo Kojima will be attending, so I hope we can expect something in regards to the recent tease which garnered a lot of "Metal Gear 360!!!!!1" crys (and a hilarious NeoGAF thread). Spike also (accidentally?) aired some rehearsal footage earlier which gave away an announcement of Pearl Jam's 'Ten' album for Rock Band . Anyway, I'll watch it if I'm awake and bored but expect all of the good stuff to be on Gametrailers soon after anyway.
nope, I need some sleep. But I will wake up earlier and watch the trailer of God of War 3

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 05:33 PM   #1142
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm playing through Final Fantasy IX again now that school is on hold. I just got to Lindblum and met up with Freya in the pub. Ahhhh, I'm in love with this game.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.14, 05:49 PM   #1143
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I've been meaning to get around to playing that (and VIII). God knows when I'll find time.

I'm giving up on the Spike Video Awards. Literally the worst thing I've ever witnessed. I was genuinely embarrassed watching it. An award for "Best game fueled by Mountain Dew"!? Not even Neil Patrick Harris could save it. He said "the winner is..." then stood for 10 seconds before saying "Should I have a card? Should I just say a random game?" The God of War 3 trailer was about 10 seconds long and looked like... God of War. Oh, and Keifer Sutherland just won an award. wat. Best thing so far was the brief confirmation of the Pearl Jam Rock Band DLC during a break and the announcement of a Gear 2 map pack "hitting tonight", which was a nice surprise. Oh yeah, and the whole thing started with a 5 minute musical section involving Jack Black in a diaper and Jack Black having sex with a 360 and PS3.I don't even think Kojima can save this...

"Sign up to Spike.com to see exclusive camera angles presented by Burger King".

lol.
Old 2008.12.14, 06:40 PM   #1144
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
I'm playing through Final Fantasy IX again now that school is on hold. I just got to Lindblum and met up with Freya in the pub. Ahhhh, I'm in love with this game.
FFIX is still a masterpiece. It really doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2008.12.14 at 06:44 PM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.15, 05:09 PM   #1145
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

IX is the best FF. There i said it. Anyone that disagrees is wrong and spikes their hair thinking they're Cloud.
Old 2008.12.15, 05:27 PM   #1146
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ahhh, I love you guys. And Final Fantasy IX. I'm on disc two now
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.15, 07:50 PM   #1147
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
IX is the best FF. There i said it. Anyone that disagrees is wrong and spikes their hair thinking they're Cloud.
I don't know about it being best? I liked VIII's characters best, IX's visuals best & VII's story most! the card game in IX was pretty pointless where as in VIII it was pivotal to progress (addictive as hell too) XII was OK but felt a little soulless at times, as for spiking up like Cloud, I actually never liked him that much, I was more of a Tseng from the Turks fan! that said VI was better than the lot of them!!!

We all know that Vagrant Story's best of all.

As for what I'm currently playing? I'm going through Ocarina of Time Master Quest, I downloaded a Hi Res texture pack for it and now it's all better looking than before.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.12.15 at 07:59 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.15, 09:58 PM   #1148
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

All I can say is I can't wait for this semester to be over this Wednesday so I can get going on my backed-up pile of video games.

Here's the pile of stuff sitting on my floor still in the wrapping:

Deus Ex
Red Alert 2 and 3
Command and Conquer 3
Gears of War
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty World at War
Defcon
Universe at War
No One Lives Forever
No One Lives Forever 2
Grid
Pure

And I've got this stuff on Steam that I haven't played/finished yet:

The Longest Journey
Indigo Prophecy
Peggle
Ghost Master
Eets
Gumboy
Puzzle Quest
Rag Doll Kung Fu
Stubbs the Zombie

AND this stuff in my binder that I've had for a while and haven't played yet:

Company of Heroes
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Rise of Legends

I don't even know what ORDER I should play these in.....
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.15, 10:43 PM   #1149
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
We all know that Vagrant Story's best of all.
Compared to any of the Final Fantasies, I have to agree. Vagrant Story is an extremely underrated game. It had the coolest town, the coolest bosses, the most hardcore synthesizing-like equipment system, and the coolest ending credits. Not to mention above-average soundtrack, graphics, and story. Oh, and let's not forget NewGame+, and the way the second playthrough works more like an expansion, with the unlocked side-dungeons you couldn't get into during your first playthrough. I love how every weapon you wield, has its own unique attributes based on its own history, plus the history of all the parent weapons that were used to produce it.

Vagrant Story is one of the most brilliant games to kill lots of time with, without feeling so much like you are simply going through a level grind to get bigger numbers associated with your character.
Old 2008.12.16, 01:36 AM   #1150
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've been playing Ocarina of time all night now! it's still one of the most fun games ever created, and the Master Quest adds a much needed bit of difficulty to keep it hard enough, that said I've not really been doing that much in it! I'm only at Zora's area (just finished getting the Goron's Spiritual Stone) the game looks awesome still considering it was about ten years ago it was released (being able to run it on a PC with higher resolutions and all kinds of tweaks helps too).

link.jpg
chicken.jpg
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote