Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.02.16, 05:19 PM   #9061
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Then why do they dress in black and have metal-ish songs about fairytales and magic?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.16, 05:30 PM   #9062
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Those two songs/PV's totally did not fit that description. Granted, I could not sit through the whole songs :-p
Old 2014.02.16, 05:38 PM   #9063
Inseu

Starmarie / 三ツ星レストラン・ポールからの招待状

If they try a little harder, they'll become this:

Yousei Teikoku - Wahrheit
Old 2014.02.16, 05:41 PM   #9064
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ Neither would appear on a playlist of mine. The second is like a cheap ass Kalafina (and they're already quite cheap their-selves) :-p

Nope, still standing by the musically pretentious opinion/most likely an actual fact if being totally serious that Momoiro Clover Z seems like the most rewarding and interesting choice in the current generation of idol groups. Actually, the more I think about it, I can't think of any idol group apart from MCZ that I've managed to listen to an album in it's entirety of more than once (I talk about the wonderfully crafted/highly experimental for it's genre 5th Dimension album over the average/less imaginative Battle and Romance album of course). Except for Triangle and Game by Perfume. But I don't really consider Perfume "idol" in the creepy pedobear way we're talking here either (I genuinely can believe that people listen to them for the music as much as the girl's image, well up until Nakata ran out of ideas at least)...

This may come off a bit hypocritcal right now, as I am enjoying The Nanbatatin's new mini album... but I don't really think they're an 'idol' group either... they're kinda sorta but not really in the same category. Just a nice sweet short pop rock album that is more indie sounding than "idol" sounding. Easier/more appropriate to put them with Hanae (who is an idol with hipster cred) than AKB48...

Gah. Finished editing to get it right.

@Inseu: don't you ever get sick of idol pop? It's ok in small doses for me, but I hate the feeling of treading water/wasting time when I listen to it too :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.02.16 at 06:12 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.17, 06:55 AM   #9065
Inseu

Idol pop is awesome and can be enjoyed right away...I only get the feeling of treading water when I listen to one hour of drone or spending time "getting used to" things that are supposed to be somehow rewarding later.

Pink Lady - Southpaw
Old 2014.02.17, 09:23 AM   #9066
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
This is the lead singer of Go!Go!7188, right? I like her new band. Not a fan of the chorus though. Fantastic verses though. Is this at all similar to Go!Go!7188's music?
Machine
I miss go!go!. :-( their later albums weren't nearly as amazing, and it was probably good they ended it when they did. But omgoodness, I still listen to tategami on the regular. I just want more of that, forever.

I just recently realized that yuu was continuing with this other band. And listening to the song, it makes me really want to get into themmmm. Maybe I'll have not than just prune to follow in the Japanese scene now. Hehh.

And I despise her solo album, because I couldn't find it for sale only like, a year and a half after it came out and u ess ready to buy it. And everyoneeeeee was raving about it. So I have a grudge against it. that song is really pretty thoughhhh.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2014.02.17 at 09:28 AM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.17, 10:38 AM   #9067
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Is the Wiki wrong about Chirinuruwowaka? While it says only the guitarist has changed, all the members look completely different to me... Maybe they've all just aged horribly?

Anyway... CLT: (watch the volume at the beginning)

Tommy Gnosis - Wicked Little Town

"With all the changes you've been through
It seems the stranger's always you"

I don't think you need to be LGBT to appreciate the movie/musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch or some of the good songs in it.

Last edited by Maou : 2014.02.17 at 10:41 AM.
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.17, 11:05 AM   #9068
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

The Nanbatatin mini album is good stuff. Thanks for mentioning it.

You're right, though, this isn't idol pop at all. As for idol pop, it's really hard for me to sit through a whole song of it. There were some exceptions when I got into Kyary for a little while and Hanae isn't a bad listen at all. If I am going to listen to idol pop, I think I prefer solo singers opposed to groups. The band I posted earlier, Starmarie, I couldn't listen to a full song. I figured some people might be into it, so I decided to post it.

Some old school post-hardcore from America.

Something I Learned Today

Last edited by FadedSun : 2014.02.17 at 06:47 PM.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.17, 04:27 PM   #9069
deadgrandma

Vampilia- endless summer

I can't wait to hear this album in full. The first single from it is very Mutyumu...

Oh and I'll be buying it regardless. Look at the first guest:

Vampillia
the divine move

1: lilac (bombs 戸川純)
2: mirror mirror (bombs BiS)
3: endless summer (feat. ツジコノリコ)
4: tasogare (feat. 長谷川裕倫)
5: good religion (feat. Mick Barr)
6: dizziness of the sun (feat. ツジコノリコ)
7: oops i did it again (bombs BiS)
8: タイトル未定
9: タイトル未定

EDIT: As for the new ST. VINCENT: It sounds like Deerhoof (particularly Breakup Song) but lighter to my ears. Pleasant though. I'll wait to hear her on the new Swans album. Karen O did a great job on the Seer afterall...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.02.17 at 05:49 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.02.17, 06:48 PM   #9070
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

These guys look fun to party with.

踊る理由
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote