Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2011.11.05, 06:18 PM   #7231
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

YOU SUFFER
Old 2011.11.05, 08:44 PM   #7232
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
OMG JR, you have found a way to make the CLT thread even worse!
Oh shush, Jihad. You're just jealous.

And Turtle, I wasn't QUITE accurate in describing MICHICO as Namie's lyricist, but they've been working together A LOT over the past 4 or 5 years, along with T. Kura. So, I guess you could say they're Namie's de facto production unit.
sylfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 08:06 AM   #7233
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shush Jihad, I introduced some proper music in that post! How did u not like Mosca?!

@Superficial - i'm glad u enjoyed the Mosca tune! His music is quite varied and they all sound very different... but I particularly like Tilt Shift because of that unique combination of influences... and Mosca is only 25 omgggg. Electronic music (esp the dubstep and grime genres) has been getting some real talent coming out with some good music recently... If you want to get into it listen to a show by Mary Ann Hobbs. She's an advocate of that genre and her radio shows (previously on BBC Radio 1, now on er, XFM i think) get really really dirty nasty grimey (in a good way!!). Do look it up if u have time.

And yay perfume! I'd love to hate perfume cuz they're "idol" and "manufactured", but I can't because they're so well manufactured (like all things Made in Japan). I adore what Nakata has done with the programming... he's a mad crazy genius.

Someone said this to me before, and I shall repeat it here: Nakata should be the only person in the world who can use the Autotune function.

Do people know Lana del Rey? I thought this was nice.

Video Games
Old 2011.11.06, 04:56 PM   #7234
sylfi

sylfi is headed in the right direction

OH LAWD LANA DEL REY. Everyone's getting all up in arms over her, saying she's fake, hipster pandering, etc. I quite like her music. Video Games and Blue Jeans are quite awesome songs, and I can't wait for her next single. She really is very much like Nancy Sinatra; it's quite interesting. XD
sylfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.07, 07:14 AM   #7235
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

^I'm digging it. Where's the hipster pandering accusation come from? I don't see it.

Ringo should drop the lounge act and compose epic choral music like this.
Doctor Who - Vale Decem

GODDAMN, THIS SONG IS GOOD. LIKE, REALLY GOOD. SERIOUSLY Y'GUYS.

Last edited by karateexplosion : 2011.11.07 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Needed more CAPSLOCK.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.07, 08:31 AM   #7236
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer
Default Miranda Lambert - Fine Tune

I'm gonna say it. This reminds me a bit (just a bit, in some of the sounds and one of the melodic twists) of early Shiina Ringo. Probably some of the same 90s sources being drawn upon:

Miranda Lambert - Fine Tune

(Probably shouldn't have made that comparison since it's a really big stretch and I'm just focusing in on a couple moments.)

Last edited by Superficial Fan : 2011.11.07 at 08:44 AM.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.07, 04:40 PM   #7237
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by sylfi View Post
OH LAWD LANA DEL REY. Everyone's getting all up in arms over her, saying she's fake, hipster pandering, etc. I quite like her music. Video Games and Blue Jeans are quite awesome songs, and I can't wait for her next single. She really is very much like Nancy Sinatra; it's quite interesting. XD
Personally, I think the hipster pandering is a marketing strategy that is working extremely well to get her attention. It's almost like they're trying to make her be the next Amy Winehouse or sth like that... maybe just a little.

She has a strong voice and Video Games is a good tune.
Old 2011.11.07, 06:19 PM   #7238
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

R. Stevie Moore - Manufacturers
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.08, 05:15 PM   #7239
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

David Lynch - Crazy Clown Time
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.08, 08:27 PM   #7240
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
I'm listening to this album now, some pretty good stuff but once again, his voice sounds a bit stoopid.

As people have been saying, he really does sound like Towellie from South Park on this track.