Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.11.01, 01:02 PM   #121
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
noooo I hate the night change!! D:
night change?

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.01, 01:25 PM   #122
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
night change?
It was rumoured the 4th season would move to a Monday night, but now it's rumoured to be back on Wednesday
Old 2007.11.02, 08:44 AM   #123
golem09

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
It was rumoured the 4th season would move to a Monday night, but now it's rumoured to be back on Wednesday
Ah, ok, so nothing I have to care about^^

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.11.09, 03:57 AM   #124
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Due to the writers strike, it's almost certain we'll only being seeing the first 8 episodes of the next season, with an inconclusive finale, which is just a middle-of-a-season episode with a little cliffhanger and a frickin' year and two month wait for... just the other 9 episodes. Not only is this a mini season, but it's a mini season being stretched over 2 years.

Interview with Damon Lindelof:

It looks like Lost will air eight episodes and then go dark. Does it sadden you that you're not able to deliver those 16 in a row that were promised to the fans?

Yes, it does. I feel like the worst thing we could have done was to plan for a strike and plan accordingly. Everybody had to be optimistic, because then it would have felt like why does episode eight feel like such a conclusion? We learned last year that the show moves at a certain pace, and you can't build up critical momentum in the first six episodes. In fact, when you are doing 24 straight episodes of a show, the first six episodes are a lot of tap dancing and some writers are able to tap-dance very effectively. Cable writers don't have to tap-dance at all, which is why all their shows are so great.

Interesting.

Yeah, and I think that's something Heroes is getting unnecessary guff for right now, too. They're getting a lot of heat because the story can't really start until episode seven or eight. And I remember all this bad-mouthing going on about our show last year, and I talked to Tim [Kring]. I said, "This all feels so familiar to me—don't worry, it only takes one good episode to round the corner and then everybody is back on board again." But an eight-episode season is an incomplete season, and I am not going to try to spin it any other way.

At the end of the eighth episode, is there any sense of conclusion whatsoever?

It's as much of a conclusion as, say, Ana-Lucia and Libby getting shot. It's no season finale.

Wow. Really?

Yes. And you'd be, like, oh my god, I can't believe I have to wait another year and two months for episode nine of this season.

So, it's a cliffhanger?

Yes. And that's the thing, we really planned out the three seasons of 16, 16 and 16...so the idea of having to come back and maybe do a 24-episode season, and that would be season five is just...I can't look the fans in the eye and tell them that we're executing the original plan anymore.

Will the storyline have to be tweaked?

The story will remain the same, but the way [it's] constructed is a lot like saying to J.K. Rowling, "Can you do it in eight books?" And she goes, "I don't want to write an eighth book." And they say, "How about you just take the seventh book and release two 400-page books?"

In other places, they're quoted as saying they'd rather no episodes air, and move the whole 16 back. I wish they'd give a 'Point of no return date'. DarkUFO has estimated 1st of December as the 'Without a hitch' date. Between then and February is going to cause delays, but 16 episodes is do-able. But the last writers strike lasted 5 months

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2007.11.09 at 04:16 AM.
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.09, 04:55 AM   #125
golem09

Damn, that is nothing compared to our train driver strike here in Germany.
But I'd rather have one season with an unaltered storyline than a shortened season, as they are planning it with Heroes.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.11.09, 12:47 PM   #126
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Same here. Though I'll still be very disappointed if I have to wait another year.

I'm not sure I understand why this strike is going on... can anyone explain without sending me a link? :p
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.10, 04:18 AM   #127
golem09

The writers only get money for the profit that is made with the boradcasting of the show, but since a lot of people buy TVShows on DVD or watch it in the internet, instead of watching it on TV, the writers want some of that money, too.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.11.10, 08:38 AM   #128
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Wow, I never knew that. That is reasonable, but I wish it somehow didn't have to involve a strike (obviously).
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.19, 12:02 PM   #129
Inaudible-Whisper

New Lost mobisode.

Old 2007.11.20, 02:38 AM   #130
golem09

what's a mobisode?

At first sight he looked like Dr Sandstroem to me, from ReGenesis

MyAnimelist