Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.29, 07:25 PM   #11
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Overrated:
01. Gibs (yawn),
02. Kokode (yawn),
03. Superstar (double yawn),
04. Tegami (falls asleep),
05. Koufukuron (gets on my nerves),
06. Memai (no I still don't get it),
07. BLACKOUT (seriously, how can anyone like this after hearing Sounan!),
08. Hatsukoi Shoujo (it gets really boring after a while)

Underrated:
01. Kokoro oh I love the flow of this song! and Jihad I DO push this song a lot as the best example of Hirama not being overpowering
02. Kurumaya-san my #2 TJ song after Sounan
03. Suberidai in my world, the purest SR song
04. Poltergeist
05. Aozora breezy pop song. lovely.
06. Juuwaki no Naka in her demo, but DAMN! Probably her only ballad I like.
07. Shoujo Robot/Nippon ni Umarete Don't know if Nippon is written by SR or not, but those songs doesn't seem to get as much love as they should. Shoujo Robot is fun, has attitude, yet maintains some kind of innocent sweetness. Nippon ni Umarete has a certain tenacity to it, I really like the song alot.
08. Stoicism this is so fun! not that I want SR to make more stuff like this, but I love the craziness in this.
Old 2007.05.29, 07:52 PM   #12
vayerism

vayerism is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Because there's just not enough kindling for drama in the "favorite of" threads. We've all been there where we listen to an album, get to a song that is leim. SKIP. Finish enjoying listening to he album. Then you rush online to blabber about your opinion, but when you get there -- everyones gushing about one song in particular.

The one you skipped.

You re-listen, still leim. And then everyone's dismissing that one song you kinda liked! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??

So then, this is the thread to air your minority opinions.

Overrated: Yokushitsu/La Salle. I never disliked Yokushitsu, but I've been known to skip it cuz I liked Kyogensho->Debusy, and Yokushitsu was good, I like the trip beats and stuff, but then the chorus sorta eehh, fumbled a bit i think. I don't "raar hate it" but some people here really really love the song. Like, really. I don't understand why some people say its better than some of the songs that had PVs. And then La Salle, forget about it. Teh Disney Strings return x_X

Underrated: Kokoro. I don't understand why the jazz-pushers out there don't push this song more. (Maybe its cuz its Kyoiku-era and that was all rock crap, right guys? =Q) This song doesn't get 'hated' on, but it gets largely forgotten. I'd rather this song on the album than somethin like Gomatsuri Sawagi (which i also think is overrated.) If Adult was great jazzy music, why was the best jazzy song made to be a Kyoiku B-side?

Ringo said at TJ TW official website, the most loved song of her at the SS album is yokushitsu i wonder if ppl do not into it cos of the housy music base?
vayerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.29, 08:00 PM   #13
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Overrated:
What does blackout have to do with Sounan?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.29, 08:31 PM   #14
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
What does blackout have to do with Sounan?
IIRC JR once said Blackout = a clone of Sounan.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.29, 09:51 PM   #15
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Underrated: Kokoro.
I really like Kokoro. It's definitely one of my favorite Kyouiku-era songs, though not one of my favorites altogether.

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
Underrated: Tasogare Naki
This song is so wonderful, DON'T YOU GET IT??
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Definitely. This is my favorite SR/TJ song, but I don't see many people talking about it.

Overrated:
Maybe it's just because of how much you guys talk about it compared to people talking about Blackout, but I'd say Sounan is the more overrated one.

Underrated:
02. Kurumaya-san my #2 TJ song after Sounan
Yes! This song is great! Was it ever actually released as a part of a single or anything?

04. Poltergeist
05. Aozora breezy pop song. lovely.
Mmmmm, yes.

Overrated:
I don't think anything by this woman is overrated!

Underrated:
1) Supika (Spitz cover) - Wowwww, I love this! And I've never heard anyone mention it.

2) 17 - It doesn't quite seem like her style, but I like this one a lot.

3) Momen no Handkerchief - I know this was mentioned earlier, but it truly is a catchy song. Out of all the covers by various artists I've heard, I like SR's the most. This is probably the best I've ever heard her use her voice while singing.

4) Haiiro no Hitomi - ROCKS. Their voices together, wow. Anyone with me?

5) Ringo Catalogue - The first time I heard this brotha, I was blown away just by its concept. Then I kind of forgot about it because nobody ever talked about it.

6) Doppelganger - I'll have to check the KZK thread again to see if anyone has mentioned it, but from what I remember it wasn't anyone's favorite. This is one of those songs that you need to turn up and listen to with your eyes closed. It's good stuff. And kind of frightening.

7) Sigma - Not one of my favorites really, but I don't see why people hate it. I just see it as a neat, crazy song.

8) The Dynamite Out version of Ekimae - The end was crazy goodness with everyone going on an instrumental rampage. And Ringo still looked bored.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.29, 10:40 PM   #16
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

This post is becoming too subjective to make any constructive sense.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.29, 10:43 PM   #17
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Tell me you like 12-tone music then I'll say you are completely objective about music.
Old 2007.05.29, 10:50 PM   #18
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm not saying that anyone should leave all his/her subjectivity behind when it comes to commenting on music. Conversely, personal attitudes are the only thing that matters in this case.

But in this topic the over/underrated songs we have suggested so many songs that leave an impression that all SR/TJ materials are over/underrated.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.29, 10:53 PM   #19
justriiingo

The more songs, the more to discuss. That is my stand.
Old 2007.05.30, 04:06 AM   #20
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Ok, so now my complete list:

Over
Koko de
Memai
Tegami
Gips
Soretsu
Superstar
Oiran

Under
Dynamite
The Lady is a tramp
Tasogare Naki
Omatsuri Sawagi(Well, I think I never even read this title since I'm active in this forum, so I guess it must be underrated^^)
Kokoro(Won-Da-Fullest)
Karisome Otome (Death Jazz Version)
Hatsukoi Shoujo
Aozora
Rinne Highlight (Now guess what's my fav single XD. hmm, fav single, this screams vor a new thread)
Odaiji ni
Jazz a gogo(Oh yeah, crazy frenchness!)

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote