Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.02.25, 04:44 PM   #61
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

As long as Billy doesn't sing over anything, i'm fine with that.
Old 2008.02.25, 07:26 PM   #62
monad

monad is an asset to this community

Buckethead would work, too. He's not Japanese, but he wears that mask, so that's close enough.
monad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.26, 01:34 AM   #63
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

I'd love to see a Ringo x Your Song Is Good... Just one song would be fine.

As for the next (solo) album... I cannot imagine her acting like she did on MM/SS... I think it would end up being something like HF, but with original songs.
No matter how much we speculate, she'll surprise us anyway.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 07:37 AM   #64
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Ringo + Cornelius would be epic, actually.
Epic Win, no doubt. Oh how I would enjoy fit song with ringo... (plus his drummer is so hot... I heard her solo album, it was so interesting).

As far as things I hope are included in album 4. Salsa , I really want hear some salsa from jihen, it would be great if she would get the salsa vocalist yuko to sing a song with her. It would be the hotness dayo, lol. Some argentine tango would be splendid as so appropriate for her grown up persona. I personally think more collabos would be so great (vocal collabs).

Now I know none of that stuff will happen so on to more probable stuff. I think that at least one straight ahead be-bop (genre of jazz) song should be on there, shiina keep f-ing taunting me with a little jazz, but will not give me full on jazz (with improvising in the song as well, a jazz standard would be awesome too). I know jihen has the personel... Also waltz, give me another waltz on the level of poltergiest (baishou exctasy). And lastly more chord changes/harmonies on the level of 顔, I still get goosebums from the harmonies sometimes.
It hurts so bad to know shiina will not incorporate that stuff I like <cracks a tear> but its cool, I will keep wishing.

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 10:01 AM   #65
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I wouldn't mind hearing some New Orleans styled jazz in the future if it means a guest appearance by Tabu Zombie.

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
And lastly more chord changes/harmonies on the level of 顔, I still get goosebums from the harmonies sometimes.
Ah, the greatness of a Hirama Mikio demo.

Last edited by Maou : 2008.02.27 at 10:09 AM.
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 03:59 PM   #66
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Epic Win, no doubt. Oh how I would enjoy fit song with ringo... (plus his drummer is so hot... I heard her solo album, it was so interesting).
That song is so solid. What's the drummer's name? I saw her live and she was so short! I'd be interested in her solo album....
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.28, 12:32 PM   #67
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I have really high hopes for their fourth album. I think it must have been a good experience for the members to get to compose without Ringo and experiment a bit. They are obviously very talented at their instruments which is the main thing that makes Variety enjoyable to me since it doesn't have the depth that Ringo albums have. The fact that Ringo hasn't composed has made me even more anxious for it. I recently abstained from drawing in class for a couple of weeks and that's usually where I do most of my drawing. So, yesterday, I started drawing again and it was like giving birth. Except not painful. I'm sure Ringo is bursting at the musical seams with ideas and we all know how she delivers after pregnancy.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.29, 04:51 PM   #68
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

she's hoarding over a years worth of new songs, thats all I need to know.

hopefully shes spending more time being a musician than a soccer mom, not that I want little Boy to be neglected. but japanese music has me bored and jaded yet again.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 09:24 PM   #69
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

If she has a contract with Toshiba, she probably hung it up on the door of her son's bedroom, and every time she goes there it reminds her of her legal obligation and she goes back to the studio to write more music about why she hates men.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.20, 07:38 AM   #70
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I want a dream pop album. I feel even the current lineup could do a good dream pop album. SR would probably need to tone down the nasal vocals a bit though since a smoother voice is needed. I know she can do it. Uki would have to switch amps as well to have a British sound like Vox or Marshall instead of the "Fender" sound.