Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: 3 least fa Variety Tracks
Ramp 5 17.86%
Mirrorball 11 39.29%
Kingyo no Haku 1 3.57%
Shiseikatsu 7 25.00%
Kronekodow 5 17.86%
Fukushuu 11 39.29%
Boutoumin 9 32.14%
SSAW 16 57.14%
Tsukigime-hime 7 25.00%
Sake to Geko 8 28.57%
Metro 3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008.08.28, 05:23 PM   #1
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer
Question 3 least fav tracks on Variety

Since another thread somehow devolved into another Variety battle, and now thatwe're well seperated from the release and the album long since digested, I feel this is a more apropriate time to start this poll.

Variety has at very least been a hotly contested album where no one can get along as to which songs are good/bad, let alone the album! So I'm interested in seeing if there is any concensus.

Difficulty: Osca and KT are ineligible.

(3 fav tracks poll to follow)

public poll!! No cheating, please choose only 3!
Old 2008.08.28, 05:50 PM   #2
Captain_Harlock

Captain_Harlock is headed in the right direction

my votes are in
Old 2008.08.28, 06:14 PM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

bump

lets get votes in this thread too, people! =p
Old 2008.08.28, 08:18 PM   #4
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Good point Jihad, it seemed like everyone agreed that it's not up to par with their other albums but I never really noticed that it seems everyone is also at odds at which are worst and best. This was pretty hard for me, though. The two you took out my clear favorites and among the rest, there are only a few standouts and the rest I'm sort of just OK with so it wast hard choosing the least favorite. The one that I know that I absolutely don't like for sure is Shiseikatsu. Now I can sort of listen to it without skipping but I don't know, it just feels gross somehow. Gives me the same bad feeling I get when I listen to something like the Smashing Pumpkins or something like that (not to bash on your band or anything).
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.28, 09:26 PM   #5
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
... The one that I know that I absolutely don't like for sure is Shiseikatsu. Now I can sort of listen to it without skipping but I don't know, it just feels gross somehow. Gives me the same bad feeling I get when I listen to something like the Smashing Pumpkins or something like that (not to bash on your band or anything).
Yeah, because I, on the other hand, think that Shiseikatsu is just about the best song on that album and I detest just about every other song on that album. So much so I can't even name each song because listening to Variety is- ...I just can't do it...I just pretend it doesn't exist

Anywho, my worst song from there is either Kronekodow or SSAW but I don't remember which one's which so I put both down.
Old 2008.08.28, 09:27 PM   #6
nappyhead

nappyhead pleased at least somebody

Voted. Surprisingly, shiseikatsu is the song that i've listened to the most of this album, but it does remind me a little bit of Superstar. I think it's cuz of the last line, "You, living, always revive a distant me."
nappyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.28, 10:30 PM   #7
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

For me the choices I made don't necessarily reflect what I really feel about those songs. I chose the 3 songs (Fukushuu, Boutoumin, SSAW) that were melodically most monotonous as I intuitively like nice-sounding melodies best; that said, I do not necessarily -dislike- those songs - I thought they were very nicely interpreted live during the S&T tour, I just liked them least in the context of the other songs, which I felt were better-written. Kind of like how I like the whole record, but have to give that it is probably a weaker album than Kyouiku or ADULT.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.28, 10:32 PM   #8
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I actually listened to Variety in it's entirety so that I could rate this correctly
I still don't rate it, but I love Kronekodow still.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.28, 10:58 PM   #9
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

What happens with Shiseikatsu and SSAW? They're not bad... I voted for Fukushit, Tsukigime-hime and, obviously, Sake to Geko, which is their worst track by far.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.29, 06:59 AM   #10
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

shiseikatsu and ssaw sucks
but I like metro and fukushit °3°

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote