Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.26, 10:17 AM   #101
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The thread's quite busy at the moment. Can't wait to see Sanmon Gossip thread on release.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:30 AM   #102
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

Thank you Shinji! :]

I said this on another forum but, when I first heard it I was like "what the heck is this noise, arg!" but that is so a sign of good Shiina Ringo music. The song grew on me by the time I had finished my first listen.

Koria wet pants points +1
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:33 AM   #103
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
Thank you Shinji! :]

"what the heck is this noise, arg!" but that is so a sign of good Shiina Ringo music.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:35 AM   #104
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

god, I can't seem to process this song! It's like I like it... but not really. As if all the right elements are there and I still don't like it but I kind of do.

either way I love that it's so NEW and different. It gives me hope for the new album.

I agree that's it KZK-ish but maybe it's the insane density that makes me think that.

I can see how it could be made up of snippets like Ringo Catalogue but I guess we won't find out until we listen to the album.

edit:
Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
I said this on another forum but, when I first heard it I was like "what the heck is this noise, arg!" but that is so a sign of good Shiina Ringo music.
yes, that kind of describes my first reaction as well.

Last edited by a_grumble_cake : 2009.05.26 at 10:39 AM.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:35 AM   #105
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Oh, about the YouTube video I posted, for some reason the audio quality downgraded a lot. The original file I uploaded sounds exactly like the rip that is circulating, but YouTube re-encoded it terribly. I don't know if they're going to put a HQ version available tho, because for now I can only watch the video in Normal Quality.

@merman: I think he won't be on the album, but I'm not 100% sure. I know it has been mentioned in this forum before, tho.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:44 AM   #106
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

EDIT
There's no Jazztronik there D:

Last edited by Orenji : 2009.05.26 at 11:23 AM.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:46 AM   #107
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

^Ukigoe? an English name for Ukigumo? Fluffie?
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:47 AM   #108
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

That was really inspiring somehow. I still don't really know what I just listened to, four times on repeat. The way she sings...The part of my brain that likes house music reckons it knows what's going on, but it doesn't. I love the hook(s)/choruses in this song, I don't know how many there are... Doo doo doo doo doo~!
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.26, 10:48 AM   #109
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

it's different.
I hear Jazztronik, I hear Shiina Ringo writing for Tomosaka Rie, but I also hear Radiohead's 15 step (maybe just a little?), and some electronic dance musicish stuff... I find this song to be very rich and busy... and perhaps not in the best way. Seems like all the sounds are competing to be heard instead of being complementary.
I'm not convinced that she's back, but this is certainly promising stuff. Let's see if it sticks in my head.
Old 2009.05.26, 11:07 AM   #110
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
From Kronekodow:

There's Jazztronik there
Jazztronik's name is Ryota Nozaki D:
Unless you're just making a joke lol.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote