Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.07.08, 07:17 AM   #401
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts
Default moved from "The OSCA Thread"

^ Thanks Catman
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.09, 04:15 AM   #402
k3nj1kun

k3nj1kun pleased at least somebody

i didn't notice before..
but the colour scheme in the PV is quite interesting~
k3nj1kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.09, 12:33 PM   #403
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Oh man!
Reading everyone's comments I expected the worst, but OSCA is great! It makes me so happy... I'm certainly excited for Variety!
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 12:07 AM   #404
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

My package for OSCA shipped out a few hours ago, and at least one person in Japan already has a copy up for auction.
(take notice of the fact that there is no obi)

Name:  nps92tes-img600x450-1184038680dscn3414.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  31.7 KB

Name:  nps92tes-img600x450-1184038686dscn3415.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  nps92tes-img600x450-1184038691dscn3416.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  33.2 KB
Old 2007.07.10, 01:20 AM   #405
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 01:27 AM   #406
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
My package for OSCA shipped out a few hours ago, and at least one person in Japan already has a copy up for auction.
(take notice of the fact that there is no obi)

Attachment 419

Attachment 420

Attachment 421
Thank You for the picture.

Pre-order already. I hope the cd will come at thursday. Can't wait to get my own copy of OSCA
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 02:45 AM   #407
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Mine was just shipped, but I don't think that it will be here until next tuesday, or the following thursday.
But good news! I DO have enough money to buy killer tune and Variety. My summer is saved. But CDJapan.co.jp doesn't list Variety yet...

This is so cruel... damn we finally need teleporting system for mail services

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 06:42 AM   #408
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

so I'm staring at my copy, its in the hard drive waiting to be played, XD, but I can't bring myself to do it quite yet

note on the packaging: love the symbols for each band member and love how they totally stole a picture of Disney's Pinochio and are probably going to get sued over it, XDXD

question: why is there an englisher translator credit listed on the last song? It says lyrics and music by Ringo but underneath the lyrics it says English Translation Robbie Clark

anyways, back in a few with impressions
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 06:50 AM   #409
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
anyways, back in a few with impressions
waiting for your impressions !
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.10, 06:54 AM   #410
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

mid listen, XDXD
back in a sec

edit: okay, time for impressions

OSCA-everyone has heard it and made up their own impressions, so all I can really say is that the lyrics are mostly what people had assumed although slightly different in some areas, mostly in the use of Mr. Kiss and and sista kiss. And apparently Ringo is actually making a direct reference to the DS, XDXD

Pinochio-quite a transition from OSCA. If anything, it succeeds in proving that this era is going to be very ecclectic. As much as Adult was united, I am expecting this era to be quite ecclectic thanks to the overall single as a whole. Ringo does a good job singing Izawa's song, her voice here is sung out in a long and somewhat breathy intervals, telling the story more or less of Pinochio, in a rather sad way. It seems like it could go grand, ala Tegami, but it kind of just hovers in the mid ground, having a grand sound and moving melody but not really escalating as Tegami did (which I think is good, it would be boring if we just got Tegami all over again). I have only listened to it once so I should probably take a listen and post my opinions again. On a whole the song is mostly piano with the rest of the instruments mostly background, some foreground guitar by Ukigumo.

Contents of a Bag-so the song is sung in English despite the Japanese written lyrics (which explains the notation). I'm guessing Ringo wrote the Japanese and then that man translated it into English for her. Well, what can I say...it really is a song about....the contents of her bag. Comparing the Japanese to the English, I think the lyrics overall work a little better in Japanese. In English I guess your just kind of like "what? the contents of her bag?" It kind of has an almost mellow Ben Folds feel about it, the piano has the same kind of sound to it, very kind of playful and a little funky. Although at times I do want to smack the translator, the Japanese lyrics have a real potency to them the English just kind of misses....it is like seeing some poor bloke tackle Everest without equipment, translating Ringo well takes a great artist I think.

random note: I love how Hata's symbol is double-crossed swords. I get everyone elses, Izawa is a leaf, Ukigumo is cloud, Ringo is an apple (all based on their names), Kameda is a Joker (go figure)...but Hata....swords? Hahaha, maybe it has to do with his side career in Kabuki, XD. Okay, that is totally pulled from my ass.

Second listen: In order of preference probably goes Pinochio, OSCA, Kaban no Nakami....I think the response to the single will be interesting. On a whole I think it will probably under impress those who are looking for the next masterpiece to define music ;;snort;; but in the end I think it really is a rather tight single and I really am enjoying it as a whole.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.07.10 at 08:05 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote