Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.24, 04:41 AM   #231
tsubame

tsubame pleased at least somebody

Like usual, we're all divided over whether the album sucks or not
I don't think it's her greatest and it feels like she's just collected a sample of the songs which she has written and recorded them just to prove to us that she's still around. It doesn't feel a like a solid album. It almost feels like HF.

Of course, it was mentioned ages ago here, that the reason the album was released was because the fans wanted it and that it was really a collection of songs she has written awhile back.
But I wish she had taken a bit more time with this and made it more thematic. The songs don't feel connected enough. It's like a compliation...

Even so, I still love her
Old 2009.06.24, 04:44 AM   #232
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by clakaz View Post
because she is already aware of the requests from the fans.
NOT AGAIN
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.24, 04:54 AM   #233
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

This is just me thinking but in the end Ringo just do what she wants to do. The "fans requests" are just a convenient excuse, because there will be always bazilions of differents fans requesting bazilion of different things.
clakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.24, 04:58 AM   #234
tsubame

tsubame pleased at least somebody

This is just me thinking but in the end Ringo just do what she wants to do. The "fans requests" are just a convenient excuse, because there will be always bazilions of differents fans requesting bazilion of different things.
it also makes it convenient for her to blame someone for the bad moves she makes
Old 2009.06.24, 05:08 AM   #235
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I forgot to comment about the rap- I really don't feel it adds anything to Ryuukou and in Togatta Teguchi it actually undermines the song.

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Yayyy like always, one person agrees with me. :B
excuse you mister
I was one of the first debbie downers in this thread.

Originally Posted by JimmyKoria View Post
Tougatta Teguchi, when it ends (and is by itself on repeat) the track flows perfectly back into itself D:
I tried this and it's true! awesome.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.24, 05:44 AM   #236
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Not trying to be an ass, but I think most people will get a pleasant surprise when listening to the original CD. This shit has so many layering that you should not compress it in any lossy way. That said, it will probably only please the fans of obsessive rythmic perfection, that most tracks on Sanmon Gossip seem to have.

And I'm starting to feel a whole lot of cohesiveness in the tracklist.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.24, 05:46 AM   #237
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

^ that shit always gets said. Even with Variety we were "doing a disservice listening in lossy." Lossless never saved a bad album. Myth busted.

(not saying SG is bad)
Old 2009.06.24, 06:01 AM   #238
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I didn't say lossy or lossless changes your opinion on the album, not at all.
I just said that if you like what you hear in lossy, you'll probably enjoy it a lot more because most of the tracks have so much going on. It's a bit like listening to KZK on lossy and then lossless. Or being a fan of Blade Runner because of the VHS version and then watch the DVD version (better image quality).
Lastly, I have many doubts that lossless Variety would raise my consideration for that album because my problem with it is not related with sound compression.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.06.24 at 08:33 AM. Reason: cosideration -> consideration
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.24, 06:13 AM   #239
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by tsubame View Post
it also makes it convenient for her to blame someone for the bad moves she makes
I think that these are all songs that she likes, that the multiplicity of styles is indicative of her varied musical interests, and that the "fan requests" element was well taken care of, as most of us here really love at least a couple of tracks, albeit different ones. But this being a convenient excuse for blaming someone else for an error in judgment? That seems absurd. This first presupposes that this was some sort of failure, which, although it may be your opinion, cannot be stamped on a work of art. France's attempt at a Panama Canal, that was a quantifiable failure. Second, it implies that she has a hypersensitivity to criticism, and no one here has the required intimate familiarity with her to be able to know if that is a fact.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.24, 06:15 AM   #240
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

a bit of off-topic....

here is "Kaze to Rock" official site. some pictures available.

and here are "Kaze to Rock" + TOWER publication + SG pictures. DON'T click this one if you don't want to spoil your expectation to the package...