Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.01, 02:48 PM   #41
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'd think it'd be extremely petty/unprofessional for SR to announce that she was having a dispute with Ukigumo. Either that, or it's just playful teasing.

If it wasn't an April Fools joke, that is
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 02:50 PM   #42
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Ok, I'll trust Kirk and his arguments about the start of the fiscal year and japanese families starting new jobs and... What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Miss Namiko Abe may disagree with Kirk on some issues there. And Philip Lenssen as well.
I'd say an online newsletter that is exclusive for a number of fans and not the entire scope of japanese citizens could indeed have some kind of prank on it. What if Ringo did a little joke about Ukigumo on April 1st? Is that too out of character?

Anyway, regardless of the April Fools thing, the newsletter doesn't say anything about "Ukigumo out of Tokyo Jihen". It only mentions some kind of rumoured divergence between Ringo and Ukigumo, of which the implications are pretty much vague and unclear. Maybe that was the point of her answer anyway. If you think it's not possible to do this kind of thing as an April Fools joke, I say it's not possible to present such an important matter with so unclear and vague arguments that only garner fan debate and speculation.

So this is either a) Ringo's way of saying "me so funny" or b) her answer to the question does not imply that Ukigumo is out of the band. Unlike your post title.
my link was a bad quick and dirty google search. I maintain that april's fools day isn't nearly as wide-spread in Japan as it is in the US. While people might be vaguely aware of it, the idea that either Ringo or myself staged any of this as an April's Fools Joke is just kind of absurd and I resent the fact that I take the time to bother sharing my reading and opinions with you.

NOWHERE did I EVER SAY that in that article it said Ukigumo was out of Jihen. The thread clearly says "IS Ukigumo out of Jihen?" posting a simply question up for discussion based on the evidence presented. Isn't that what a forum is for? Discussion? oh wait...I forgot, this one is based solely around childish jokes and ridicule.

no where in my post did I claim that her remarks directly lead to the declaration that he was out of the band. rather, I presented the article and what she said and then, after clearly postulating that she might have been referring to the rumored dischord, went to speculate on my own about if this means that they are having a falling out and if this spells the end for Ukigumo in the band.

yes, I'm a grumpy asshole, but I don't like bothering to share this shit with you guys when all you do is throw it back in my face as an april's fools joke, then a bad translation, then my irresponsibility as a poster. take her answer and the interviewer's impression as you will, I really don't care what you think in the end because I have my own opinions about the matter, as you do. I think the person who thinks this is a Ringo April's Fools Joke is about as dumb as the person who assumes my speculations are masquerading as facts. I never presented them as anything more than simple questions that I feel are worth discussing given the situation.

and shinji, there is no way to get around what both ringo and the interviewer said. ringo brought up the theory of her and ukigumo's bad relation, and the interviewer remarked that it was unexpected to her her address this to the public. does that mean she is bringing it up to calm fears from fans that he is leaving? or does this mean that it is true and he might go the way of HZM and Hirama? It probably is in fact more of a tongue in cheek remark to kind of laugh away fears of their bad blood. but you know what they say, jokes are usually based somewhere in reality.

that is what I was trying to discuss. Not stupid posts about April Fools Day and such. and if you are going to suggest I'm at fault for suggesting these things and irresponsible for posting the thread title as it is, your just being ridiculous. there have been some other extraordinary threads here on EM before.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.01 at 03:04 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 03:17 PM   #43
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ok... I don't see how this could be taken any other way than Ringo mentioning there had been rumours (that won't sink) about a supposed falling out between her and Ukigumo.

If this is right, I wonder why we never heard about these rumours..
Old 2009.04.01, 03:32 PM   #44
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Look lady, I don't know why you want to pull anyone's hairs over this, but I advise you to stay calm. I don't remember anyone calling you a bad translator, first of all. You seem to take everything out of proportion and distort reality.
Me, and other people, assumed this was an April Fools joke (how ilogical of us). You said japanese people don't do April Fools. I proved they do. You proved they don't. I proved they do, again. In between that, I said that if you can't believe that a small Ringo remark could be a April Fools joke because japanese people are "why so serious", I argued that, because of the same seriousness of said japanese people, they wouldn't treat a subject as delicate as a band member leaving the band like it was such a trivial matter. So either we're both wrong or we're both right, odd as that may sound.
Regardless of that, I didn't take your speculations as facts, I took it as pure fan speculation with the extra mentioning of how you're post title is more scandalous than whatever words Ringo might have said. Even if I'd pay for it to be true.

And for christ's sake, don't start with your "I'm the most undervalued member of this community" drama. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but you're not.
Let's admit there's some tension between Ringo and Uki, let's admit that April Fools didn't cross any Kronekodow's staff or Ringo's mind and let's... speculate some more?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 04:05 PM   #45
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

It would be beyond hilarious if Uki developed a massive ego and split from the band. He'd disappear of the radar just as fast as Hirama did.

Here's hoping if Uki ever leaves he takes Kameda with him.
Old 2009.04.01, 04:35 PM   #46
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

If Kameda goes, the band is over and that would be too good to be true.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 04:52 PM   #47
Maou

If Kameda goes the band has potential to create something new and original. KSK is the only Kameda-less album.
Old 2009.04.01, 05:39 PM   #48
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Agreed. Kameda and Uki suck. Shiina needs to go with that all-girl band idea that Jihad thought of, then at least it'd be harder to hate them.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 05:49 PM   #49
Maou

I don't think it has to be all girls, just Tokie on bass. She can outplay anybody else on the planet. Even though he's completely replaceable (sorry neko), I don't want Hata gone. He's awesome.
Old 2009.04.01, 06:07 PM   #50
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

if Ukis still in the band, i say we temp-ban Neko for playing on our emotions in a non-april fools way