Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.06.16, 04:21 PM   #491
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Guys, check out this new singer named Ringo Shena. She just released her debut single in 1998.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Shiina

Apparently "Ringo" means apple in Japanese, and she chose her name because of her love for Ringo Starr and/or Fiona Apple.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.16, 04:28 PM   #492
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

THIS JUST IN

I received email from undisclosed source that tells of a BIG BANG heading this way. I think it's gonna rock.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.16, 04:29 PM   #493
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.17, 10:59 AM   #494
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

LOL, you all are awesome.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.23, 04:01 PM   #495
Loire
Founder

Loire pleased at least somebody

Good to know that the tour will begin right after I'm back from Japan
=__=
Old 2007.06.29, 08:03 AM   #496
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I just found out yesterday that I am moving to Japan in August! I don't know exactly where I'll be living yet, so I don't have my hopes up for seeing this upcoming tour, but it will be monumentally cool for me to walk into a store and buy the fall album the day it comes out!

On the other hand, I am fully prepared to fork over $200 on a scalped ticket, if I am anywhere near one of the tour stops. It might have to come to that...
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.29, 08:27 AM   #497
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think scalped tickets can go for way more than that...
Old 2007.06.29, 10:45 AM   #498
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I just found out yesterday that I am moving to Japan in August! I don't know exactly where I'll be living yet, so I don't have my hopes up for seeing this upcoming tour, but it will be monumentally cool for me to walk into a store and buy the fall album the day it comes out!

On the other hand, I am fully prepared to fork over $200 on a scalped ticket, if I am anywhere near one of the tour stops. It might have to come to that...

Is this for an English-teaching program? No need to give exact details, I'm just curious why you're moving there.

I was there for the release of the Shuraba single, and they were playing the whole thing in every...single...store. Plus you get display racks like these to fetch other Ringo-related material:

Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.29, 11:01 AM   #499
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

so the fanclub site got updated with a slideshow of the band in studio recording the new singles and new album! Everyone looks really relaxed, Ringo has really long curly hair, which definitely look like fresh extensions (isn't her hair straight most of the time? It looks very Shibuya-kei, when I think of Ringo being Shibuya-kei in anyway I want to gouge my eyes out) anyways, here are some random notes about the slideshow I noticed.

Everyone looks really casual and relaxed in regular t-shirts and jeans.

Hata has hair and looks healthy, he is also wearing Phase One Tokyo Jihen shirt in most of the shots, extra points for that, XD.

Izawa is shown playing organ. The entire gang is shown in front of mics, looking like they are rehearsing. There is also shots of what looks like syncopated hand capping.

Somone likes seicha, a lot, XD

nothing too spectacular. They had music to the slideshow, I'm not sure if it was some kind of flute or organ, first impression was flute, but the way the notes progress and flow it just kind of sounds like organ.

Anyways....if it is perhaps random music from recording, compared to OSCA, I would say this album is going to be really schizo.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.29, 02:00 PM   #500
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I think scalped tickets can go for way more than that...
OK, I'm dreaming. Maybe for a huge show, but these are going to be relatively tiny shows.

Yes, teaching job. Jr. and high school. I need to rewatch All About Lily, Cha no aji, and Linda, Linda, Linda, to get me psyched out on what to expect. If it is anything like Linda, Linda, I am going to be a vacuous presence that barely registers being worthy of attention, at best.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote