Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.02, 11:20 PM   #71
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

OH HAPPY DAY

I feel like I've missed so much here lately XD Better start ignoring school again so I can get more active here.

I have no idea nor wish for what genre TJ will approach next. So far, Ringo's judgement has been excellent, so I trust her ^^ As for covers, I wish she could cover Nina Simone! That unofficial biography mentioned that her Dad used to listen to her (as well as Ella Fitzgerald), so maybe Nina's turn has come?
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 11:30 PM   #72
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Linnéa View Post
OH HAPPY DAY

I feel like I've missed so much here lately XD Better start ignoring school again so I can get more active here.
Well-said! *thumbs up*

Originally Posted by Linnéa View Post
I have no idea nor wish for what genre TJ will approach next. So far, Ringo's judgement has been excellent, so I trust her ^^ As for covers, I wish she could cover Nina Simone! That unofficial biography mentioned that her Dad used to listen to her (as well as Ella Fitzgerald), so maybe Nina's turn has come?
*tries to be positive* I love low Ringo voice, so Nina Simone covers are definitely interesting. It's just that... I don't think SR's voice is quite powerful enough to carry out Nina's songs (from the very little that I heard); maybe with a little tweaking to the arrangements, something will work out.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.05.02 at 11:36 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 11:32 PM   #73
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post

We so need more Ukigumo diehards because right now, the Hirama fans (like me) are so much more vocal. And the Uki fans aren't really saying much more than "I like him..."

I miss Hirama So Much......
But, I'm really okey with Uki in TJ..... One thing i hate about him is TJ seems never played Sounan Anymore... HATE IT

WOW new HEader... NICE

I hope you could add Hirama, And HzM, also TJ's two logo though..

To many request, ignore it
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 11:42 PM   #74
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Well-said! *thumbs up*

*tries to be positive* I love low Ringo voice, so Nina Simone covers are definitely interesting. It's just that... I don't think SR's voice is quite powerful enough to carry out Nina's songs (from the very little that I heard); maybe with a little tweaking to the arrangements, something will work out.
Agreed, Nina's vocals are very hard to pull off... But she has recorded so many good songs of various difficulty, so I do think Ringo could find one suited for her voice
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.03, 12:33 AM   #75
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
The last time I was positive about an upcoming album for a band I love, St anger came out. Lets all stay negative should we?
Their next album will be good. Old School!
Old 2007.05.03, 02:16 AM   #76
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Sources say there will be a collaboration with Hamasaki Ayumi.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.03, 04:07 AM   #77
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

hm...I think Ayumi x Ringo is better than Ukie x Ringo
but I would like Benji x Ringo (maybe in a Marusadi cover XD)

JR... I swear that when I read that you said "We so need more Ukigumo diehards" I read "We so need more Ukigumo diarrhea"
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.03, 05:21 AM   #78
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^Hedo: I'm a huge bossa nova fan. And Kenshou Naoshi is bossa nova-ish. So why don't I love love love love love! that track? Because the chord progression reminds me of shit Chinese music.
I did not say you have to love everything they make. Just because you like a genre does not mean that you have to like every song that fits into it. I can say I like rock music but that does not mean that I will like every rock song because of it.

Also, I do not mean that people do not like it because it does not fit into their genre, but rather because it is not the genre they typically like. Like I noticed alot of people like kyouiku more than adult and I figured its because they like more rock music than the more laid back adult. Therefore they go and say that adult is bad. THAT is what i think is wrong.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.03, 05:26 AM   #79
Loire
Founder

Loire pleased at least somebody

If they are going to have a live house tour the "new" TJ sound should be rockier than usual... of course I can't expect something completely new
Old 2007.05.03, 06:04 AM   #80
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Like I noticed alot of people like kyouiku more than adult and I figured its because they like more rock music than the more laid back adult. Therefore they go and say that adult is bad. THAT is what i think is wrong.
See the funny thing about that is that it's not the case. Kyoiku generally is thought of as the least best album, with Adult somewhere above it. That's exactly the case with my opinion, Adult is better than Kyoiku.

However Kyoiku era gets alot more "ruh-spec" than Adult-era, certainly. Why is that? Kyoiku-era Shiina was alot more focused. Jihens playin, you know the general "feel/style." Adult-era Shiina was erratic and diffuse (and possobly confused.) Sometimes we'd get something like Himitsu's video...and then follow up with the pv for Get it up for Love. They'd play somethin down-tune, but sill pretty cool, like their Bogkura Ongaku set (and i know i killed that title's spelling -- i have no idea). That was cool, stylis, whatever. And then they'd ham up a performance of Service, or play Mirrorball. The band just didn't make sense, it felt like there was no clear direction, and it didn't feel like it was "borderless in the good way."

So, its not the case that Kyoiku gets more love than Adult as an album, thats not the case, but the "band presence" of Kyoiku is whats fawned over, rather than the Adult-era.

(and also note: in no spot in my post did I type Hirama/Uki/Hzm/Izawa so this in no way deals with whoever was in the band at the time, just the direction of the band, which I'm pretty sure is Shiina's call.)