Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.17, 05:57 AM   #371
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

It sounds kind of mainstream. Like a good-ish song you'd hear on the radio, with influences from somewhere more interesting, like a less electronic Kylie or Roisin Murphy or something.

Not a first for me though, since Sounan and Shuraba are the only TJ A-sides I like properly. As a "popular" band, their A-sides have to appeal beyond the fans I guess. Shuraba had to grow on me from a similar first impression, and like Superficial Fan I'm dipping surrepticiously into the song when busy and can't hear it properly. Maybe the band's groove will appeal to me when I can.
Old 2009.11.17, 06:51 AM   #372
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Well, first of all, this is by far yukiguni's best contribution to the band....by miles. I finally feel like caring about the individual members of the band post phase 1 (always dug kameda enough).

Second of all the style rocks. I'm not too shocked, its not THAT out of character or anything, its fun as hell.

BUT

I don't want to complain cause this is definetly not a bad song, but its the first time I think Ringo's vocals did not match up to or exceed the music. The vocal melody sounds like a regular pop song. They work, and their way better than any of the other music that will premier on space shower or mtv this month I'm sure but the melody could definitely be better. I guess its just the first few lines and the last 2 or 3 notes of the chorus that kind of dont seem ringo (amazing) to me. She's had a few not so great songs up until now but all of them had less impressive music. But in any case, its a hell of a lot better than variety and beats half of SG.

If I had my way, we'd get an album of SG (the song), this with slightly better vocals, mayakashi, and new marunouchi. Eh whatever, I'm content enough with this
Old 2009.11.17, 06:54 AM   #373
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
random moonwalk? wth? that was a fucking nice homage
ugh. neg rep
Old 2009.11.17, 07:09 AM   #374
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

forgot to mention, the video is tight. Wish they only did that one long round of moonwalking, after that is too much.
Old 2009.11.17, 07:15 AM   #375
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think that long round of moonwalking was too much. They should have kept it to the Uki + Ringo moonwalking, which was actually cool and wasn't slowed down.

Uki can move! =D

The chorus is great, and it's Uki on top of Shiina (Lol) that makes it work. It's just the verses that I'm not sure about.

I'm just worried that they'll muck it up during the live performance of this song next week Friday. Ukigumo unleashing his SOTC vocals plus moonwalks = disaster.
Old 2009.11.17, 07:28 AM   #376
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by papilionidae View Post
This went unnoticed but there is an alternative version of the cm where Ringo does a weird pose instead of the moonwalk.
Old 2009.11.17, 08:34 AM   #377
LoverlyBijouu

LoverlyBijouu pleased at least somebody

What is that pose she's striking?

Anyway, I like this song! I like that they all look at their watches from time to time and of course the flowers-face thing.
Old 2009.11.17, 08:40 AM   #378
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

i like the song too!
i think the 3mins of activity is about fixing ramen cuz it takes 3 mins! lol
so we can use this song as a timer!
Old 2009.11.17, 08:56 AM   #379
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Listened to the HQ version...
definitely very groovy song. Very pop as well, would work well on the radio. Feeling the adult thing a little more, which is nice. For once its pleasant sounding unlike stuff on Variety which is just, offensive. This song doesn't quite hit the highs that it suggests it wants to go... I feel like every time it wants to go somewhere it pulls back, and it's just vacillating in the middle, so I lose interest in it after a while.

+SR's singing
+Kameda's bassline.

-Uki (as always)
He could use some anti-frizz product on his hair. No comment on his guitar playing, I filtered it out of the mix.
Old 2009.11.17, 09:22 AM   #380
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kameda fsked up the moonwalk.
Closed Thread