Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.09.08, 09:01 AM   #581
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Georgy Porgy isn't with Junpei, btw, it is with one of the guys from Junpei's band. Originally Ringo was going to do it differently, I believe it was either going to be her alone or her with Uki, I can't remember, but she heard the voice on this guy who works with her brother and thought he sounded exactly like the guy in the original version, so she ended up going with him.
Hmm, what? It's definitely with Ukigumo, and Junpei contributes background vocals. Unless you can show me a source saying otherwise?
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.08, 01:09 PM   #582
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Hmm, what? It's definitely with Ukigumo, and Junpei contributes background vocals. Unless you can show me a source saying otherwise?
on the contrary, what is your source? i'm not saying your wrong or anything, I just would like to read it to refresh, I was citing straight from memory. If it is definitely Uki then what it means is that Uki was working with Junpei at the time and that was before he joined Jihen and I knew anything about him. I definitely remember reading an interview where she talked about how they switched the parts around, but I don't remember where.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.08, 04:27 PM   #583
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

::im gonna grab deniston for a karaoke trip!!!!!:: manhattan meetup! lmao .

( im a bit trippy now from lack of sleep and school)
Either way. time to take a picture of mine

Last edited by makenshiww : 2009.09.08 at 05:24 PM.
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.09, 06:50 AM   #584
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
on the contrary, what is your source? i'm not saying your wrong or anything, I just would like to read it to refresh, I was citing straight from memory. If it is definitely Uki then what it means is that Uki was working with Junpei at the time and that was before he joined Jihen and I knew anything about him. I definitely remember reading an interview where she talked about how they switched the parts around, but I don't remember where.
This is my source. It's one of the parts of her English wiki page written by that Japanese dude who keeps translating the Japanese page into awkward English--so I'm not saying this must be true because it's on wikipedia, but I think it's pretty trustworthy. I got that link from this thread when we were discussing it.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.09, 09:49 PM   #585
Denitson777

Denitson777 pleased at least somebody

@Glathannus This is all i own of pe'z(moku) i might have another
cd more,but i dont remember right now,No i havent hear
realive 2005 yet,it is worth chasing that one?

@kuro_neko you mean the adult that comes with the dvd in a box
like the ringo expo 08,cause if you do,i have that one,i have seen
that one a few times very cheap around this area,like ten bucks...but of
course used ones,god how i hate that box,i wish they would include a plastic
one inside that(and the ringo expo) and you are right I just grabbed whatever was easier to get off the boxes.

@makenshiww karaoke trip, manhattan meetup, sounds good to me it is a deal.

By the way,I wanted to ask you guys something,does Watashi to Houden,comes normally in
a plastic case or digipack,I already got two japanese versions and a korean one,but i
saw the digipak again today very cheap i just wanted to know if it was worth it to buy it again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shiina.JPG (48.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg pe'z.JPG (56.9 KB, 127 views)
Denitson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.09, 10:15 PM   #586
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The last third of PE'Z REALIVE 2005 (when HZM starts playing grand piano instead of keyboard) is one of the five most memorable concert moments I've ever witnessed from any Japanese musicians. REALIVE 2005 doesn't trump either Electric Mole or Dynamite Out as a whole, but HZM's contributions to REALVE 2005 do beat any of HZM's contributions to Shiina Ringo's solo or band career, and that's what really makes REALIVE 2005 worth chasing.

---------------

Digipacks are sometimes first-pressings, but not with Watashi to Houden. This digipack is an already sold-out limited edition. It's arguably the least significant limited edition that has ever been released in Shiina Ringo's name - not insignificant in terms of rarity, but because of what you get out of the limited edition compared to buying the regular edition.

It's kind of like the upgrade from Heisei Fuuzoku normal edition CD to the Heisei Fuuzoku limited edition CD - the discs are exactly the same and you get more goodies with the packaging. But I have to say the upgrade is much more substantial with Heisei Fuuzoku, compared to Watashi to Houden. The limited edition of Watashi to Houden feels more like a first-press than a limited edition, even if this limited edition really does have its own catalog number.

I'd keep the digipack version if you already have it, but if someone doesn't already have it (if they have the jewelcase version instead), I'd tell them to put the money toward Kabuki-cho no Joou (for the acoustic guitar version of Marunouchi Sadistic ~ Kabuki-cho no Joou) or ZCS (for the entire first disc) or Ringo no Uta (for Ringo Catalog) instead.
Old 2009.09.10, 12:12 AM   #587
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

really? I like the boxes, as long as they have a seperate sleeve for the disc. I don't really like how in Ringo Expo the disc sits flushed against the back. I also don't like digipacks where the discs sit inside a sleeve that fits into the back of the booklet, as it makes it ridiculously hard to remove and reinsert. I think they design these packages knowing most fans only handle their physical cds a few times (digital era after all), but still.

the adult DVD box has a seperate sleeve for the disc, if I am not mistaken, and of course also has a DVD with the himitsu outtake from Dynamite Out! and an extended photo booklet with the sample of the Adult Femme perfume. Once you open the perfume it incenses the entire package, which is kind of nice.

I had a feeling you had way more than the pictures showed, simply because Ringo's collection is huge and it is a pain in the butt to pull it all out for a photo if you actually have it all. I wouldn't want to photograph mine either and I only stick with the music/dvd releases for the most part (although I do have all of the Jihen LP's and a handful of Ringos, and a bunch of assorted Rockin On and music mags from when I was living in Japan).
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.12, 06:37 AM   #588
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

Oki doki.

Well here is what my collection looks like.

And the picture of that Lady , Behind the "Ringo File" is my mama <3

@deniston
yay .

and that third picture is for kuro_neko. I saw that a while back and It reminded me of you . I forgot to upload the picture so. there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1327.JPG (109.6 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1329.JPG (115.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1307.JPG (115.1 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by makenshiww : 2009.09.12 at 06:42 AM.
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.20, 08:28 PM   #589
Denitson777

Denitson777 pleased at least somebody

@Glathannus I did follow your wise advice, I saw the PE'Z REALIVE 2005 cd over there at cdjapan and bought it,but the dvd is out of print,i might check ebay to see if anything comes up,yeah,they are not really that different at least with Heisei Fuuzoku limited edition CD you get some more stuff,i already own the digipack version of watashi to houden and the jewel case standard one and a korean one that amazon sold me as a japanese one(cheaters),
but i saw another one for like 15 bucks around where i live,by the way do you think it is worth it to buy the version with the heisei fuuzoku version with dvd ? if I already own the normal and the limited.Ah!,i almost forgot
it is true that ZCS went out of print?,sorry if i ask too much but you guys are like a bible,a shiina ringo bible

@kuro_neko the boxes its not what bothers me per se,I really like the adult limited edition box,but the ringo expo bothers me a lot,i remember when I first opened the box the dvd was dancing around the box and I was thinking c'mon with all that space why they didnt even include at least some kind of jewel case,i dont know what's the reason behind that and i dont trust that box
i got my ringo expo dvd in a separate jewel case

Yeah pulling all that stuff in one picture is nearly impossible and the fact that Im such a ringo whore and I just buy almost anything related
to her dont help a lot for a single picture,yeah,I went to Japan a few times a few years ago and it is more easy to collect stuff like magazines
over there than here in the usa,they are cheaper and easier to find

@makenshiww That's a lovely collection,By the way I want to offer something as a fellow new yorker,if you want to and If you dont own it already
I want to give you as a gift one copy of 娯楽(バラエティ) 増刊号(LP)Analog as I dont really need to have that three times,if you are up for that send me a shipping address and I have my sister put it on the mail for you

I wanted to see Tori Amos,but for some reason I always miss her when Im in new york

this one is for anybody,how many versions were released of the dvd Adult Video?,Cause I while ago I saw a book with a picture of the adult video dvd but this one was in a case that was like the electric mole limited edition dvd one but this one wasnt white like the electric mole ,it was like a dark green color.

Just to prove that im such a ringo whore I got me another copy of electric mole,but the standard one and soil & "pimp sessions "6"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-09-20 23-17-55.667.jpg (2.07 MB, 0 views)
Denitson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.20, 08:42 PM   #590
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ughhhh, I want to buy 6 but my bank is still holding my credit card hostage. FRUSTRATION.