Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.12.04, 06:00 PM   #631
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I received my Dynamite In dvd today which replaced the one I can't find anymore but that's not important. What I found surprising is the sheer amount of packing they use at Shopping Mall Japan :O it's like a battle with non stop brown tape for 5 minutes before you can even get into the box not to mention the sheer oversize of the box as well it's as though they are packed for travel through a war zone or something! the box I got previously for the big cardboard promo was actually TWICE the size of the thing all padded down with bubble wrap and newspaper. You could literally throw your package out the window and know it was still OK

They are the best packers I have ever come across!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In.jpg (157.0 KB, 4 views)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.05, 02:15 PM   #632
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think it's because Shopping Mall Japan took the title a bit too literally =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.07, 05:36 AM   #633
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Got my ZCS poster today :O single items get through rather quickly with no Customs (which is nice).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02651.JPG (79.5 KB, 162 views)
Old 2009.12.08, 07:04 AM   #634
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Bingo and Glath should join forces to set up the Shiina Ringo museum.
Old 2009.12.08, 07:51 AM   #635
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

He can set up a European branch, while I can set up a North American branch. There's hardly anything for us to pool together if we mostly have the same stuff.
Old 2009.12.11, 03:54 AM   #636
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Finally got my Geko VHS which completes the VHS colelction to all 4 \0/ and also managed to pick up a legit sealed Shouso Strip after going through a few fakes (re-sealed with clingfilm whereas this one has a real pull tab seal). I suspect the KZK & UM as being samples but I didn't bid for those or even care about them as they just happened to be in a cheap bundle with the VHS (4600 Yen all in).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02655.JPG (156.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 2009.12.11, 07:10 AM   #637
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Secondly I got a hard case from the EM tour (?) which comes in a great little bag and has an art sheet inside and a little apple phone charm that has little movable dice inside
aiyaaaa, I want that phone charm! I wonder how much it would be just for that...

I also really want posters. >_< I wonder if I'll wander into the Ringo poster buying fray soon... but I also keep telling myself "when I go back to Japan, I'll scour the tiny shops there for these posters, the way that Brad guy did." Brad was always writing blogs like "Today I found this tiny store and it had like 5 rare Ringo posters!" I WANT TO DO THAT. rrrrr
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.14, 02:52 AM   #638
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Does this constitute a bootleg

I know that making posters from CD cover scans is useless but I always thought that scans of a high quality from a book would be great! so I went to the shop nearby that sells scanning and printing equipment for thousands of pounds (more business than domestic orientated) and I got chatting to the girl about doing prints for me! she agreed and took my page from the MM score book and scanned it usung their stuff and printed me a 30 x 20 inch poster of utter awesomeness on incredibly high grade glossy paper \0/ the cost? £10 as long as the source is decent you can have this kind of epic for next to nothing!!!

When I scanned this picture myself you could see the text a little on her left arm (through to the other page) but these people obviously had more expertise than me I have fantastic full page Gips & Tsumi to Batsu ads in one of my magazines so they are next!

Kabuki.JPG

I really need to find a magazine or whatever that has an unspoiled image of this (below).
That would be an absolutely ideal poster to put in a nice acrylic frame.

Name:  Koufukuron.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  85.2 KB

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.12.14 at 03:12 AM.
Old 2009.12.14, 05:33 PM   #639
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Ohhhhh, wow! What a great idea!! I am definitely going to consider that...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.14, 11:15 PM   #640
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ringo bingo, I can see from your UM cd that it is a sample, the KZK however has the non copy sticker that was included on the actual release so it probably isn't a sample unless it has that same sticker with a number that is on the front right of UM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote