Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.11.22, 03:23 PM   #1
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer
Default Soundbars?

Got a mates birthday coming up soon and he said he wanted a soundbar for his PS3 as he doesn't have any space for a proper surround setup.

Up until now I haven't even heard that term before so I'm looking for some advice on them! are these things like 5 speakers built into the one bar? also how do they connect to a PS3, is it via the optical port?

I'll be happy for any advice on this and also where to get a decent-ish one for as low as is possible (round the £100 mark would be good).

Cheers
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.23, 10:55 AM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Thanks for the overwhelming response guys, you gave me a lot to think about.

Anyways I've come to the conclusion that these bars are a little shit anyway and are more suited as a replacement for the standard TV stereo than as a multi-speaker solution.

Just got him a multi-speaker setup with brackets so we can put them away up the walls.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.23, 11:07 AM   #3
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

It's a pretty niche product, I doubt many, if anyone here owns one to be fair. From the little I've read though, they're not really a great replacement for the real thing even if they work to some degree. I'd buy a receiver and the front speakers, then he can upgrade if and when he can and wants to.