Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Which song do you prefer?
Mayonaka wa Junketsu 12 85.71%
Mittei Monogatari 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012.10.26, 06:23 PM   #11
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hmm, fair enough, but I do believe that the emotions in a lot of her songs transcend the language barrier. For me, the same goes for Jun Togawa or Sa Dingding for sure.
Old 2012.10.26, 07:26 PM   #12
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
Isn't this song supposed to be fun? Why chills?

Ringo never gave me any chills...even with dark, murderous songs like Fukushuu.

I kind of like her a bit more every time she sings "I am really sick of you. And I hate you", even she agrees immediately with "That's right you love me so much don't you."......
Not "scary" chills; more like "I can't believe how incredible this music is" chills. The combination of Tokyo Ska paradise orchestra + Ringo's voice is just perfect to me.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.28, 07:47 AM   #13
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

uuughhhh. what a hard contest!!! I love both so much. But. Mayonaka, absolutely.

Also, I think Ringo's lyrics were more honest earlier in her career. Now they seem much more metaphorical, with maybe small grains of truth hidden here and there.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.28, 09:35 AM   #14
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Agreed. I love it when Ringo writes a song that gives you an intellectual workout, but I miss those cute, page-from-my-diary songs she used to write. Maybe that's just something you lose with youth.

As for the topic at hand, I say Mayonaka, hands down. Mittei Monogatari was a good effort though. Also, I don't think we should judge other fans on what emotional experience they have or don't have with Ringo's works. Just sayin'.
Old 2012.11.04, 09:40 PM   #15
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Honestly, I'm gonna have to go with Mittei Monogatari on this one. Don't get me wrong. I love Mayonaka wa Junketsu but the latter just has so much cool shit going on. We've got Ringo's sultry and playful vocals, the most epic flute ever played in a Ringo song (sorry, Ishiki), and some really great guitar. Seriously. The descending guitar line during the chorus makes me want to air guitar every single time. It's just a badass song. It's like the T2 to Mayonaka's Terminator. It may not have started it but it sure as hell knocked it out of the ballpark.

Of course, I don't even have to look at the poll results to know I'm in the minority on this one.