Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.06.02, 06:44 PM   #1
newyorkjihen

newyorkjihen pleased at least somebody
Default A different Shiina Ringo project

This is pretty much a double post of a comment I posted in another thread, but I don't think anyone saw it.

I am trying to make some unauthorized Shiina Ringo remixes. I use Reason 3.0 mostly, so it's electronic music. (I don't plan on releasing them, or at least not professionally/for money) Do any Shiina Ringo acapella tracks exist? I've seen a ton of these for hip hop, also instrumentals. Shiina Ringo instrumentals would be cool too, but I'm more interested in the vocals separated out. Does this sort of thing exist? For Shiina Ringo, or any jpop artist for that matter?
newyorkjihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.02, 06:54 PM   #2
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

Well, a part of torishiku kuroi is acapella, and a live version of gunjyo byori from domestic virgin line is kind of acapella, but that pretty much it. A good program I suggest is cool edit pro.
haruhi-suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.03, 04:52 PM   #3
newyorkjihen

cool edit pro = windows
new york jihen = mac

But I'm not looking for software. It's a shame but I don't think any good acapellas exist. At least Shiina Ringo acapellas. Oh well.

EDIT:
I recommend Reason 3.0 for electronic goodness. Not for sequencing / mastering / whatever. It emulates old school hardware like drum machines & samplers & synths. You can even flip it around and wire the devices.

http://www.propellerheads.se/product...=closeupreason

Last edited by newyorkjihen : 2007.06.03 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2007.06.03, 05:20 PM   #4
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

You could make your own, if you have the option on your program of taking out background music. You could be the background singer, who knows. You should give it a shot!
haruhi-suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.03, 08:58 PM   #5
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by newyorkjihen View Post
new york jihen = mac
I got excited that Mac had a program with the word "Jihen" in the title, so I started searching around on google before I realized who you were.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.04, 12:00 PM   #6
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hahahahhahahaahhah XDDDD

NYJ: For intrumentals, have you see this topic: http://forums.electricmole.net/showt...=instrumentals

I'm pretty sure there are no acapella versions (that the public knows of, at least.)
Old 2007.06.07, 07:04 PM   #7
newyorkjihen

Thanks for the replies!

I do not have the ability to separate out the vocals... how does that work anyway? Is it just an advanced equalizer?

From high school physics I remember inverse waves cancel eachother out... maybe there is a way to take an instrumental, an exact copy of a single but just the instrumentals, & drop out the sound that way? Just hypothesizing.

And to haruhi-suzumiya, the reason why I'd like to use SR vocals is because I *DON'T* sing. Fingernails on a chalkboard. Seriously.
Old 2007.06.12, 10:34 AM   #8
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well there IS one a capella-recording of her.
Electric Mole DVD -> Shiroi hana no saku koro (ichibu)

it's no whole song, but it is a capella and it's pretty nice, too ^^
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.21, 09:04 AM   #9
newyorkjihen

Thanks MBF, it's not really what I was looking for. I kind of wanted to remix a whole song, but if worse comes to worse I could just end up throwing her voice into something. I appreciate the tip.

I really need to look into separating out vocals. I wonder if it's possible to use the Heisei Fuuzoku Instrumentals to remove the vocals like I said above ala High School physics. I mean, waves cancel eachother out, so theoretically couldn't I invert the waves on the instrumentals, and when mixed with the originals would completely drop them out? I don't know what the effect of digitized tracks or different masterings would have on my theory.

Last edited by newyorkjihen : 2007.06.21 at 10:39 AM.
Old 2007.06.21, 10:42 AM   #10
newyorkjihen

Yes yes double post.

So the program Audacity has a way to invert waves. I don't own the original Heisei Fuuzoku Instrumentals so... the waves have different amplitudes. Not to mention Mp3 artifacts & compression. Completely hopeless.

Next I'm going to try and find a Shiina Ringo song with perfectly centered vocals, subtract the vocals out by inverting one stereo channel... then subtracting THAT from an inverted mono mix of the same song...

No I don't have my hopes up.