Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2013.07.21, 09:36 AM   #11
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Tsumi to Ato
Whinyyyyy... Seriously, I showed this to a friend once, and he said "What is that Japanese chick WHINING about!?"
If Courtney Love came out with this track people would HATE IT
Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I don't even know or understand what is going on in this place anymore. I'm convinced half of this is some elaborate joke.
Maou just tapped into my brain and said exactly what I was thinking when I read this post.
Old 2013.07.21, 11:03 AM   #12
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I’m almost never in the mood for the SS recording of Tsumi to Batsu. Sure, it’s the definitive version, but I prefer Electric Mole version. It’s as if the studio detracts from the rawness of the song and reduces it to annoying wailing.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.21, 12:33 PM   #13
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

^I could agree with that.

ZCS. I don't get it. Mellow's pretty good; the Gyakutai Glycogen disc is a'ight, though none are definitive versions; Hatsuiku Status is well, Hatsuiku Status. The whole thing just feels lazy.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.23, 05:41 AM   #14
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I don't even know or understand what is going on in this place anymore. I'm convinced half of this is some elaborate joke.
This.

I'll tell you what's overrated about SR & TJ:

NONE OF IT.
Old 2013.07.24, 05:07 AM   #15
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

I think you should change the name of the thread, not being able to appreciate and/or not being able to understand the appeal to something doesn't make it automatically overrated.

I don't get the appeal to Tsumi to batsu either though.

Originally Posted by karateexplosion View Post
Hatsuiku Status is well, Hatsuiku Status. The whole thing just feels lazy.
That was my favorite disc, It was really messy, much less than lazy. I can actually see why anyone would be bored with it though.

I don't get why people liked honto no tokoro so much.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.24, 05:52 AM   #16
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
I think you should change the name of the thread, not being able to appreciate and/or not being able to understand the appeal to something doesn't make it automatically overrated.
That's a good idea. Maybe change the thread title to "itt: be contrary" or "Opposite day"
Old 2013.07.24, 07:24 AM   #17
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

I've never understood all the love for Izonshou...
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.24, 08:26 AM   #18
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
All the love?
I wasn't aware that there was ever much love for Izonshou at all.

I may be disappointed in Izonshou as a closing track (when most of the other SR/TJ albums have much better endings), but it's not exactly my least-often-played SS track, either.

Arguably, Shouso Strip itself is overrated, since it's polluted with several generic songs which sound like they could have come from anyone else. Just because 1-2 thirds of the songs are some of the greatest ever, doesn't mean the album is great overall. How often do people here honestly listen to Shouso Strip without skipping over any of the tracks?
Old 2013.07.24, 08:44 AM   #19
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
How often do people here honestly listen to Shouso Strip without skipping over any of the tracks?
There has never been a single album ever released where I don't skip 1-3 tracks on a regular basis.

For SS, I'm far more likely to just listen to just the back end of the album (Tsuki ni Makeinu through Izonshou) than the whole thing. The songs I skip most are the first three.
Old 2013.07.24, 10:02 AM   #20
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
How often do people here honestly listen to Shouso Strip without skipping over any of the tracks?
Before I had an MP3 player, I had a portable CD player, and I remember taking a few long walks with either SS or KZK playing from start to finish around 2-3 times. SS always seemed a little long, especially between Tsumi to Batsu and Honnou. Great stuff, just a little too much of it laid out a little too thinly. I'd happily listen to the whole CD on a long car trip, but if I just want a hit of old Ringo I'd probably skip through it a bit.

I think SS works best as a highlight reel, whereas KZK is an integrated whole. Listening to one-off tracks from SS doesn't make me want to listen to the whole album, but when I hear any track from KZK I want to listen to the whole thing all the way through.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote