Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2019.08.13, 08:29 PM   #1
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default Went to see Smashing Pumpkins, unknownly attended an Oasis concert...

I had Oasis album Standing On Shoulder of The Giant since I was a teenager, never looked up band's line-up, didn't know who Noel Gallagher was, then I bought ticket to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Smashing Pumpkins at Budweiser Stage in Toronto, I thought the former was the opening act. Anyway, I didn't like Noel Gallagher's band, he had this annoying black lady on backing vocals, I sat through his performance, wondering why the fuck did Smashing Pumpkins pick this mainstream crap band to open for them...then I went home, and found out the guy is Oasis's singer...

The Smashing Pumpkins performance on the other hand was fantastic, I was happy to hear a lot of their classics. Own a few albums, like them, not a huge fan, but the live vocals was top-notch, just like how he sounds on the studio albums.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.14, 08:12 PM   #2
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

Noel Gallagher solo is generally garbage compared to his Oasis output. The first album he done was passable, but the follow up is some straight hot garbage. he's away in a trash direction. Oasis themselves were already falling off by the time the Giants album was put out. It's about half an album of decent material. Everything after that you were lucky to have 3 decent tunes on a record.
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.15, 05:47 AM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I went to a show during Smashing Pumpkins previous tour and had an absolute blast. Really want to see this tour since I love Noel Gallagher and could listen to him talk all day. Bongo's assessment on his solo stuff is spot on though. Super bummed by Chasing Yesterday. How much more on the nose can you get? The few songs I heard from Who Built the Moon sounded pretty good though.
Old 2019.08.15, 11:27 AM   #4
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

"Black Star Dancing" is everything I wouldn't want from Noel Gallagher! A few more "Setting Sun" style tracks wouldn't go amiss! His most recent single "Sail On" is about as tame, boring and grandad-like as you could not want.
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote