Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.04.04, 06:21 AM   #101
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

First: It's no supergirl but it's not as bad as last single.

Later: After a few spins I see it's pretty awesome.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.04.04 at 06:28 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.05, 04:54 PM   #102
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yup, new Ayumi album is a serious return to the Hamsandwich that I love. Even it's ballads are back to well thought out, well paced and wonderfully progressive pieces again.
Old 2015.04.05, 08:31 PM   #103
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I am so constantly inundated by new music and stuff I missed during my not-regretted hiatus from almost everything. To grab my attention music has to be much better than average, and this album is really good average material. And shouldn't her stuff be better than that?

An alluring package that quickly educes yawns.

Or, perhaps, lots of icing and very little cake.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.05, 10:20 PM   #104
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
I am so constantly inundated by new music and stuff I missed during my not-regretted hiatus from almost everything. To grab my attention music has to be much better than average, and this album is really good average material. And shouldn't her stuff be better than that?
It's hilarious to see the use of word "inundate" followed by the word "stuff". "Much better than average" is a synonym for "possible commercial flop", and "her stuff" which is 50 million record sales couldn't care less. Also, Avex.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.05, 10:53 PM   #105
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Yup, new Ayumi album is a serious return to the Hamsandwich that I love. Even it's ballads are back to well thought out, well paced and wonderfully progressive pieces again.
lol wut? 'progressive' is maybe the last word I'd use to describe this album. That said, I quite enjoyed it. Out of control is so good. ~_~
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.05, 11:18 PM   #106
deadgrandma

Progressive in the instrumental/song composition sense, not in the general term of the word. I'm not claiming this is a step forward for her or anything, but it's at least a step back on track. I imagine being able to listen to this album quite a bit, definitely the most joy I've got out of one of her releases in quite a long time.
Old 2015.04.06, 05:15 PM   #107
deadgrandma

After hearing samples of the other tracks on Mito Natsume's single (aka Nakata's KPP replacement), I'm actually really looking forward to hearing the full thing.

She just has a better voice, straight out, that doesn't need to be heavily covered by vocoder/autotune, so that's an instant appeal to me. The bside "Colony" sounds pretty damn great and the third song on it really reminds me of The Free Designs "I Found Love", which is one of my favourite tunes of all time. The main single is undeniably catchy and I've had it playing in my head for the last few days :-p

Will be interested to see how this is accepted by the Nakata fans (particularly the big-time KPP stans). It should be welcomed, because it really is sounding much stronger and catchier than the current Perfume and KPP releases. But you know, stubbornness goes a long way, I know this first hand :-p

Samples are on Amazon (and probably iTunes but I refuse to install ever again).

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.04.06 at 05:20 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.08, 01:34 PM   #108
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

New Morning Musume song is worth checking out.
Attached Images
File Type: png mm.png (1.37 MB, 1 views)
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.12, 08:38 AM   #109
Pretsy

Pretsy is headed in the right direction

I am not so sure about this but are Boris fans here (deadgrandma?) aware of Boris' new (anime) song?

http://www.mtv81.com/news/boris-set-...-ninja-slayer/ + Boris OHP prolly has some info too, I think

+ Melt-Banana will do a theme for the said anime (as a "2nd ending song") (more info on the respective anime's OHP)

Last edited by Pretsy : 2015.04.12 at 03:23 PM.
Pretsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.04.12, 03:34 PM   #110
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Pat Metheny Group - Barcarole
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote