Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.22, 02:53 AM   #21
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Okeee, not point keeping it to myself anymore.

1 - Ryuukou: Sounds like Amai Yamai, but with much more Ringo and much better.
2 - Roudousha: Sounds like Jackson 5. It's kind of long, but delivers.
3 - Mittei Monogatari: Sounds like a song from Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. Very frenetic. All in english, the lyrics are hard to understand, but depict a briefcase exchange operation that went wrong.
4 - Maru Chiten Kara: Sounds like something out of Utada's Ultra Blue. Or Aozora meets Hatsukoi Shoujo.
5 - Karisome Otome: Sounds like shit. And it's the Death Jazz version.
6 - Tsugou no Ii Karada: Sounds like Marry Poppins meets Nightmare Before Christmas. It's my second favourite track on the whole album, for now.
7 - Shun: Sounds like gold.
8 - Futaribochi Jikan: Sounds like you know what.
9 - Mayakashi Yasaotoko: Makes "Karisome Otome" look like a very bad S&PS collab. This one is awesome, because there's no instruments fighting over her voice. It's kind of melancholic, in a 60s/70s way. Think of "Georgy Porgy", but with an amazing piano and sax. Lyrics also in english, for the most part.
10 - Togatta Teguchi: My favourite song of the album. Think of "SG~Superficial Gossip~" and "Yokushitsu". But with a heavy guitar. Also, processed vocals. Unfortunately, a small Mummy-D rapping at the end, urgh.
11 - Irokoizata: French Pop meets HF. The "bleh" song of the album.
12 - Bonsai Hada: Enka with an acordion. Think "Onaji Yoru" and "Kareha".
13 - Yokyou: Completely different arrangement makes completely different song. Heavy on the rock, this is clearly an improvement and I think it will make more people like it. Has a tambourine similar to "Koufukuron" single version.

14 - Marunouchi Sadistic: Gospel version. No hip-hop. The melody is pretty much the same, the whole arrangement is just completely different. Ukigumo makes some noises in the background, R&Bish, like what Shiina Junpei does in "Georgy Porgy". It sounds like something out of the 90s.

Also, most of the tracks transition to each other like in KZK. Her voice is amazing in the whole album. Bold are the tracks I keep returning to.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.06.22 at 03:42 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 02:56 AM   #22
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Arrrrgh this makes the wait so much worse
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 02:58 AM   #23
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shinji, you're awesome! Anticipation for this album has hit the muthafucking roof. CAN'T WAIT.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 03:03 AM   #24
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Oh, is it potentially better than ADULT?
Old 2009.06.22, 03:05 AM   #25
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

The only comparision I can make is say that it's miles better than Variety. Other than that, I can't really relate this album much to any other SR/TJ release. It's really different.
But maybe one day I'll be able to compare.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 03:06 AM   #26
Scribble R

Makes sense. I'm asking stupid questions because I'm excited.

Thanks!
Old 2009.06.22, 03:07 AM   #27
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

K so the local cd store in my town is closed on mondays. Tsutaya refuses to sell (and that's fine with me, I don't want to give them a single yen) but they got it on preview, all 30 seconds clips and all I can say is my first impression is exactly the same as Adult. I'm not floored but it's definetly not a bad album. If anyone is going to complain its going to be one of the following things. 1 it isn't anything new for ringo, for the most part and 2 She isn't taking advantage of being solo, it kind of sounds a whole like Jihen Or Neko. 3 It's overproduced, more so than any previous album I think. To me heavy production is for straight up pop or electronic songs, I don't really like it with jazzy or rock stuff unless its like a girl who you can't tell is wearing makeup.

I don't know WHAT she was thinking when she said SG would be the preview track, it is so far from EVERYTHING on the album, and the showa jazz thing....mayyyyybe but I'm not hearing it yet. I think the new songs from Heisei are a MUCH better indication, sadly that includes Papaya Mango.

Ryuukou- actually this is one of the strongest tracks, the keyboard is really tight and adult-ish, I'll learn to love his monkey rapping just cause the song works altogether.

Roudousha - This song sounds like a slightly less awesome of this song http://espanol.video.yahoo.com/watch/3734637/10261369 but REALLY produced in comparison.

Tsugou no ii Karada - Yatsuke Shigoto meets Neko....that's basically it.

Mayakashi Yasaotoko- A little reminicsent of Sergio Mendez but not REALLY.

Togatta Teguchi- Now this one I'm at a loss for words. It's Hatsukoi but as one of those hyper electro DDR songs, probably the closest thing to unexplored territory. I want to hate anything that could be on DDR but it's pretty tight.

Bonsai Hada- I was looking forward to this cause I love accordian but the 30 second clip was nothing special.

Yokyou- works much better as a rock song but the backup singing is PATHETICLY awful.

Marunouchi Sadistic - Yeah I was wrong, it's not accapella, but it's close, just a siiiiimple hip hop beat that you barely notice. Still awesome, sounds a lot like Jihen version though (finally recorded!)

And yeah Karisome AND Futaribochi are different but nothing drastic, sounds like they were remastered and toyed with a bit but all the pieces are intact. I skipped Shun so I'm not sure if it's like those 2.

That is the last time I'm filling your heads with ideas about an album before it comes out so you can't experience it without pre-judgement (oh wait, we had the singles to help us with that).

NOW, someone reward me with Marunouchi, I'll give you 1 hour before I get angry.

EDIT: FUCK SHINJI YOU BEAT ME TO IT
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 03:10 AM   #28
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

OMG. this is definetly not making it easy. the way shinji described it, Made it seem alot better than my first instinct would have guessed. This hurts and I will have to leave soon. I now am really excited to hear the last couple of tracks
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 03:11 AM   #29
Scribble R

Man, I want to listen to it baaaaaaaaadly

I knew Vogue would be awesome!
Old 2009.06.22, 03:11 AM   #30
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

scribble , Lets cross our fingers?
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote