Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.10.31, 08:05 AM   #811
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
I almost feel like starting a "testimonial" thread: How has Electric Mole Forums altered your opinions and made you grateful for it?

Pretty cool place. No prejudice against Space Marines which is always a good thing.

HERESY HERESY. BURN. BURN. I FIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.05, 03:38 PM   #812
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Wow, no news again. I am not the best member to complain about not contributing to this forum, but still....

Seems like the wind is not blowing the sails, is all I can say.

Got my ticket for Nagoya next week, and I am not feeling all that psyched about the show. Honestly, I just don't love the new stuff. I will say Go With the Wind places, in Ringo's canon, with her best, it is scarily powerful, and reminds me of what I am missing...

Well, I am hoping for a nice day, I do like Nagoya, with its industrial charms, will hit a museum, go to a park to enjoy the fall leaves, and revel in the climate change (this is the warmest November I have experienced in Japan in 5 years, it is spooky....), and stay overnight to commiserate with the locals...

Will report on my show, although it may be brief...

Take care, all, I do like this community...

おだいじに。。。

Last edited by natsume : 2011.11.05 at 03:45 PM.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.06, 09:53 PM   #813
MagicSword!

MagicSword! has had more than 15 seconds of fame

As anyone'll knew that read my splurge about the Sapporo night of the Discovery tour, my opinion is basically the opposite of Maou's. I was left disappointed by the ULTRA-C tour, in many ways (my opinion would be that one was pretty lacklustre) but this one was great. So I don't think people should be down if they're going to a show!
MagicSword! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.07, 05:50 AM   #814
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
I'm trying to think when there's ever been "productive discussion" on a site like this. By that I mean, when has someone's views completely changed and evolved by virtue of an online forum exchange?

I almost feel like starting a "testimonial" thread: How has Electric Mole Forums altered your opinions and made you grateful for it?
You've got a point there.

I guess I'm not expecting opinions to change. But I'd say there is still a fine line between having your opinion and respecting/acknowledging the validity of others', and being completely and belligerently dismissive towards any opinion that deviates from yours.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.14, 06:31 PM   #815
natsume

Considering my ambivalence about going to this show, imagine my surprise when it so far exceeded my expectations that I am willing to say that it may be the best "Nu Jihen" tour ever. (Granted, I did not see the last one, and have not seen the DVD in its entirety.)

I will spare the play-by-play, it has been done well here by others. It was just a great show, had great flow, the thematic breaks and mood chages worked well in general, and the last 6-7 songs were a solid block of wonderfulness, it just went bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, (for me), it worked. I would point out that the weakest points were the Variety songs. They still sound unfinished, or unarranged to me, the melodies are not strong, and there is something forced about them. In the context of the setlist as a whole, they did not work. At least the Sports and new songs feel coherent. That said, it is a small thing.

I saw Spa and Treatment and the 10th anniversary shows, and this was far and away the best of the bunch. (I know he is not popular here, but it is trippy how popular Ukigumo is with the Japanese TJ fans. I even saw a number of girls affecting the Uki geek look.)

Last edited by natsume : 2011.11.14 at 06:38 PM.
Old 2011.11.15, 12:17 PM   #816
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Cool you finally enjoyed it! Could you tell us more about their version of Carnation? How did it sound? Dis she play guitar?
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 03:30 PM   #817
natsume

No guitar in Carnation (for her), it was basically almost a rock version, but stuck pretty straight to the single arrangement. Big hit with the female fans, apparently. (I would ballpark the female/male ratio at 75%/25%.)
Old 2011.11.15, 04:13 PM   #818
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Ringo's always had more female fans. It's something I've noticed comparing Zazen to Dynamite Out!
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.15, 08:48 PM   #819
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Ringo's always had more female fans. It's something I've noticed comparing Zazen to Dynamite Out!
I would see why.

I always have the feeling that Ringo's love songs have a feeling of deep hatred in them.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.16, 12:17 AM   #820
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So you're saying all women are haters?