Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.02.05, 02:44 PM   #21
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Why would it take so long to get off a phone? If they can't directly take the file off the memory, couldn't they just plug a double ended 3.5mm stereo plug from the headphone socket to their sound card and record it?
Old 2009.02.05, 04:03 PM   #22
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Anything you do to the song, short of decrypting it - would be (or lead to) lossy transcoding. Whether you virtually record it during playback, or digitally record it from analog (Inaudible-Whisper's suggestion), you are putting the song through at least two generations of loss. I've heard FM radio signals that sound better than that. There has to be a way to break the DRM, and if not today, then next week or next year. No DRM of a popular music-playing application (like iTunes or Windows Media Player) has lasted for long. The trick is to never update/redownload your player software or your DRMed audio files before a crack comes out for your older version of the DRM.
Old 2009.02.05, 04:19 PM   #23
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

This song is one that actually gets a pass. Ringohime isn't writing it, right? Just participating?
Old 2009.02.05, 05:58 PM   #24
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
if I see anymore threads with this stupid "joke" post I'm going to flip out. It isn't funny and this isn't 4chan so cut the crap.
Old 2009.02.06, 12:47 AM   #25
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I don't see why that "joke" can't become a EMF meme. It has a lot of potential.
Anyway, one thing I thought interesting/weird is that they announced the song and Ringo collab on the same day the chaku-uta downloads were available. Even for Amagasa and Hyori Hime, songs where Ringo doesn't even sing, they announced it much more earlier. This one was like BAM! "Here's the song. Oh, Ringo sings in it btw."
Maybe someone didn't want it to be noticed by a lot of people...
Old 2009.02.06, 01:00 AM   #26
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

nah, I wouldn't look into it to that degree. maboroshi isn't a very big group, chances are ringo is friends with someone and she was asked to do it as a favor or perhaps she is friends with them, who knows, I mean she seems to pair up with the weirdest people (ichiro, mukai, hirai ken, kabuki actors), her breadth is astonishing.

the song is one of many digital downloads from the album that is coming int he weeks before it's release and has been advertised on their site for a while. it didn't hit kronekodow until the day of its release, which isn't odd considering that kronekodow is usually very late when it comes to breaking news. This song isn't supposed to be a lead single or anything, just to get buzz going for the album, so there isn't any sort of promotional machine for it.
Old 2009.02.06, 09:52 AM   #27
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTirsGcmbxc

Arrrrrghhhhh.... I need a bucket so I can throw up.

I usually try to make constructive comments... but this is just not my thing.

I will keep very low expectations on this Shiina appearance.

Why do all hip-hop/r'n'b productions nowadays have to include in the title name (Feat. God Knows Who?)...
Old 2009.02.06, 02:01 PM   #28
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

OMG. Autotune is a tool of Satan.
Old 2009.02.06, 02:35 PM   #29
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Hahaha! This will be the worst release to ever feature SR, but I'm also sure certain people here will like it regardless.
Old 2009.02.06, 03:02 PM   #30
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yup, just as sure as its going to get hated on before anyone has ever even heard a peep. you can judge maroboshi based on the quality of that work but then again would you want people to judge all of ringo's catalogue based on Variety?

I don't think this song will be anything amazing, ringo is just lending some vocals, as she did with other artist's, but who knows, at the least it is amusing. maybe uki's crappy rap in Himitsu left a deep impression on her.
Closed Thread