Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2012.04.09, 07:22 AM   #11
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I reckon she'll do a musical reboot for her next single. Carnation, with all its Nu-Shiina-ness being released before TJ officially disbanding bodes well for it, maybe? I think Ringo Sheena is probably stalking Raphael Saadiq as we speak.

here's another upload of the clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY714qqE0uo

Last edited by Scribble R : 2012.04.09 at 07:34 AM.
Old 2012.04.09, 09:15 AM   #12
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I could make out a sweet vocal harmony from that little clip... Excited, even though I'll feel sad knowing it's not Kameda and Uki noodling the tunes.
Old 2012.04.09, 09:56 AM   #13
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jILMnEQt61k

It sounds a bit Jiheny from the clip. Atarashii Bunmei Kaika... =|
LOL it sounds nothing like Atarashii Bunmei Kaika.

considering Ringo has been around for 13 years at this point and been a part of no less than 4 separate bands, it is inevitable that whatever she releases will sound like any number of those things. Even if she were to follow the white rabbit down the hole it would just be compared to KZK again. When people compared this to TJ I was expecting a little more humor or umph to the sound, if that makes sense. this sounds like a pretty straight rock tune, which could be nice coming out of ringo.

I'm still a bit blah when it comes to ringo/jihen lately, but who knows where/what she will do. If she does decide to pursue a solo direction, I would hope she leaves Carnation and behind. It is not that I don't like that song, but she toured it with Jihen and it would be nice to see her make a clean start under a new moniker.

did we get a release date for this?

edit: I perused kronekow and due to the lack of any official announcement of plans post Jihen disbanding, the announcement of this new theme without any official release date, and the general quiet in Ringo-land despite the end rumblings of Jihen, I am going to officially say that I think her camp may be about to drop some big announcement about her future plans, perhaps this new drama theme will be the first official single announced alongside a solo album release for the fall? Considering how quickly she put together SG I don't think it is out of the cards, she works pretty consistently, even when she was doing TJ stuff, so now she has a bit of time on her hands. I could foresee her taking some time off for a break before starting back up but the fact that she has this new song coming out and they have yet to announce an official release makes me think they are holding that back to coincide with some other type of announcement. hey, a boy can dream, right?

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2012.04.09 at 10:00 AM.
Old 2012.04.09, 11:48 AM   #14
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

It sounded more like a Gyakutai Glycogen recording than a Tokyo Jihen recording.

Dis gon be good.
Old 2012.04.09, 02:15 PM   #15
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I meant, kuro neko, that the vocal melody sounds like the light pop rock TJ are known for producing. More than anything I'd associate with solo SR. If someone told me that Kameda + Izawa composed this, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2012.04.09, 05:58 PM   #16
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Dis gon be good.
You know it
Old 2012.04.10, 07:29 PM   #17
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

Except for that wailing guitar solo near the end of the clip, the rest of the music sounded very un-Tokyo Jihen. Which is exciting for me. Not that I have anything against TJ, but change is good, and I can't wait to hear her voice against new sounding music.
Old 2012.04.10, 08:56 PM   #18
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Longer clip http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpz...ong-2012_music

Now I'm starting to get a better picture...

It reminds (not sounds like) me of the Chiaki songs she wrote... which I really did like a lot. What that means to other people is a different story :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.04.10 at 09:07 PM.
Old 2012.04.11, 01:04 AM   #19
Scribble R

Creamy Season (o_O) wasn't bad. It sounded like it could have been on Watashi no Houden. The other Chiaki songs were more Jihen-y =P
Old 2012.04.11, 04:04 AM   #20
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I agree the clip sound quite TJ-ish. the melody reminded me a bit of atarashii bunmei blabla while the sound was more pop punk in the vein of Gunjou Biyori
Closed Thread