Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2009.05.14, 09:23 AM   #721
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
Obviously I'm basing this on very little experience, so I'm probably full of crap, and feel free to tell me so. This is all first impression -- in other words, things I'm going to be embarrassed to have written six months from now.

But as I'm listening to samples from Karuki Zaamen Kuri no Hana, it seems like the solo work is more sonically adventurous, whereas the TJ stuff is more musically adventurous. The KZK material I'm listening to is amazingly dense with all sorts of wonderful sounds, but beneath it all is a tendency toward very simple melodies. Of course, simple melodies -- almost childlike at times -- are a big part of both Shiina's and TJ's appeal, but to my ears, the solo work raises the stakes by enveloping those melodies in these incredible soundscapes, whereas TJ raises the stakes by tweaking out the melodies a few extra degrees, and keeping the presentation relatively straightforward.

For example, I'm listening to Yattsuke Shigoto. Great tune! There's really not much to the composition itself, but all these cartoony flourishes throughout the track elevate it well above a simple pop song. I can't imagine it working acoustically, but in its recorded form it's a wonderful listen.

Compare this to a track like Keshou Naoshi. Sonically, it's far simpler than Yattsuke Shigoto. But musically, the melody and chord progression are considerably more intricate. This is where I hear the difference between the solo work and the TJ stuff. Neither is inherently superior to the other, but they're different approaches, and which you prefer depends on where you're coming from as a listener.

Of course these are isolated examples, and as I said, only a first impression of what I'm hearing. I like it, though, a lot. I'll be purchasing this later today. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Ron Moses

In some point you are lucky that you have tons of stuffs to listen and watch in the future.

Welcome to forum.
Old 2009.05.14, 06:00 PM   #722
ron2112

ron2112 has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by pariscombo View Post
In some point you are lucky that you have tons of stuffs to listen and watch in the future.

Welcome to forum.
Thank you, I'm kinda feeling the same way about it.

Ron Moses
Old 2009.05.19, 06:33 AM   #723
nayth

nayth has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hello folks from all over the world, I a new member here, though I wander around for quite some time now. I currently live in Japan that is a good plus !
I can consider myself a big big shiina ringo fan as I followed since the year 2000 or something. I think her greatest work must have been around electric mole and dynamite out, I think this statement really tells in which side of the fans I am, still I can enjoy some phase 2 tracks...

I have two questions in particular,
1 - wasn't there a fanart thread in some old 'picture section' ? cos' as a ringo-fanatic and a painter I would have loved to show some of my pieces

2 - and do you know what happened to the website that hosted the translated lyric of Ringo's song ? because I failed to save them before it got down or something

yup, nice to meet ya all !
Old 2009.05.19, 07:36 AM   #724
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by nayth View Post
2 - and do you know what happened to the website that hosted the translated lyric of Ringo's song ? because I failed to save them before it got down or something
If you mean frecklegirl's Nostalgic Lavender, then that's here now:
http://www.nostalgic-lavender.net/ringo/
Welcome to the forums!
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.20, 03:55 AM   #725
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by nayth View Post
I think her greatest work must have been around electric mole and dynamite out
yey
welcome
/o/

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.22, 12:02 AM   #726
elekipomme

elekipomme is headed in the right direction

Hi! I'm Ri. I've been a fan for about a month now (such a newbie ) My violin teacher played in the orchestra for Ringo Expo '08, so that was when I started to get interested. Then one of my friends recommended me (more like nagged me ) to start listening to her.

And here I am.

I'm completely in love with the way she composes her songs, the double meanings in her kanji (Hey, I'm Japanese, and some I don't even understand, lol) and her lyrics are amazing. Of course, the music is flawless as well. I'm hoping to get into Tokyo Jihen as well sometime.

なので、
よろぴく!www
elekipomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.22, 01:48 AM   #727
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Your english is perfect.
You are nominated as EMF's official japanese to english translator, by me.
Just joking.
But a little bit serious.
Actually, 70% serious.
Make it 90%.

And it's awesome that your violin teacher played at the Ringo Expo orchestra.

Welcome.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.22, 04:01 AM   #728
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

welcome! your english is really good °o°

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.22, 04:40 AM   #729
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Hi Ri! welcome!
I always wonder what "wwwwwwwww" means. I see it all the time in youtube/nicovideo comments.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.22, 05:18 AM   #730
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

It's the japanese equivalent to "lol".
Wait, I saw that on week-a-peedia, so it's bound to be wrong.
Use google.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote