Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.02.04, 10:25 AM   #11
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It'll probably be like the single Salyu did with Wise.

(which was pretty good)
Old 2009.02.05, 04:36 AM   #12
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I like Salyu.

A lot of Japanese are going through a hip hop phase. Minus a few exceptions, the result is extremely embarrassing. I sort of expected Shiina Ringo to be above all of that but HEY HEY SR doesn't owe anything to me I don't know Shiina Ringo in real life she can do whatever she wants etc. etc.

I would love it if Shiina Ringo did do that type of music, but with her own stamp on it -- as opposed to the "I spent hours studying a Beyonce/Usher album and/or music video" sort of feeling you get from a lot of Japanese 'Urban' music.

Either way, I'm not actually angry/annoyed, but I don't expect much from this song.
Old 2009.02.05, 06:40 AM   #13
merman

merman is an asset to this community

I don't have any expectations whatsoever, I never heard anything by Maboroshi and only came across their name perhaps once. Might be because I don't really care much for Japanese pop music with few exceptions, it just doesn't seem really based around music at all, and I'm absolutely against that.
To get to the point though, I agree with you Scribble, that you can't lump SR together with her "peers", and she really stands out as far as Japanese music is concerned, she does her thing and she does it good.
So I don't expect her to take part in something totally soulless, but hey, anything can happen. Either way I'm not going to be in the "SR is awesome so it's not going to be shit at all" mode because that results in endless bitching ala Variety, but to damn it outright wouldn't be very wise either. I'm going to take a listen to it as soon as it's available widely, but really no expectations either.
Old 2009.02.05, 09:44 AM   #14
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

You guys are still talking about this song? this community blows.

j/k

I didn't attempt to listen to any of their stuff because I don't want to be biased when I listen Amai Yamai. but where the hell is the song? It's already Feb 5th. Maboroshi fans are either lazy or they simply don't exist.
Old 2009.02.05, 11:38 AM   #15
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

if I see anymore threads with this stupid "joke" post I'm going to flip out. It isn't funny and this isn't 4chan so cut the crap.
Old 2009.02.05, 12:08 PM   #16
a_grumble_cake

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
if I see anymore threads with this stupid "joke" post I'm going to flip out. It isn't funny and this isn't 4chan so cut the crap.
sorry, I didn't see it in any other threads and I thought it was funny.

I get that you're annoyed but is it really necessary to make a post about it? No offense neko but threads always seem to derail when you start bitching. At least keep the bitching to side notes for otherwise on-topic posts.

This is all I'm going to say on the subject. This thread is young and it would be nice if it doesn't go sour so quickly.
Old 2009.02.05, 12:30 PM   #17
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yes, I've noticed I am the apparent king of thread derailing. I don't honestly want it to go that way, but was your post exactly maintaining the flow of conversation? I've seen that quoted in no less than 6 or 7 threads by people as a joke and while it is funny to some people it can also turn other shyer posters away.

back on topic: this song probably will take a few days to upload because it requires someone porting the song from their cell phone to the computer.
Old 2009.02.05, 12:48 PM   #18
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

This is a collaboration I don't really care about one way or the other, but I must say that this thread,

so far,

seems,

dare I say it....

leaning towards being......

thoughtful, mature, and reflective?
Old 2009.02.05, 12:59 PM   #19
a_grumble_cake

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
back on topic: this song probably will take a few days to upload because it requires someone porting the song from their cell phone to the computer.
that does explain it...
it's kind of odd because there is no preview available anywhere (at least according to my Japanese-illterate-googling-skills). Are people expected to buy a mystery song without even listening to a sample? That doesn't seem smart.
Old 2009.02.05, 01:51 PM   #20
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

There's probably a preview available on Japanese cell phones before you buy the ringtone.
Closed Thread